printing to a Postscript HP LJIIP

Post by Claude Farm » Sat, 14 Sep 1991 01:26:31

I'm thinking of upgrading my LJIIP to postscript but have a couple of questions
for those of you who may have done this.  First, if you don't send a postscript
header to the printer, does it automatically revert to dump status or do you
basically get trash.  If not, can you switch between postscript and non-
postscript mode without powering down the printer and removing the cartridge?
Secondly, what kind of slow down have you seen using postscript?

Any and all information appreciated.
--
----
Claude Farmer              Convex Computer Corporation    Richardson, Texas

Disclaimer - Standard                                     Quote - Witty.

1. Postscript printing problems

I tried using the Lila program last night to generate a postscript output
file from a simple text file.  It worked fine and generated a file that
looked like wonderful postscript.

I then copied the file to an MS-DOS disk using CrossDOS (no filtering or
anything) and brought it to a PC.  From there I copied the file directly to
a postscript printer.

The printer light blinked for a little while and then stopped, nothing
printed at all...

I have done this with Publisher Plus also (it has a postscript >> disk
option) and have had the same results - nothing ever seems to print.

Are all these programs generating postscript code which is incompatable
with Apple LaserWriter II's, PSJet's and NEC LC890's?  I have not yet tried
these files with the HP LaserJet III with an Adobe postscript cartridge,
but I can't see it working there either...

Do I need to use filtering to convert the LF's to CR/LF's before sending
the stuff to the PC?  Does anyone have any ideas at all?

Thanks for any help!!
/ Rockford Lhotka                               INCSTAR Corp           \
| Applications Project Leader                   1990 Industrial Blvd   |

\ 612/779-1701                                  Stillwater, MN 55082   /
 -------------Amiga - The computer for the creative mind.--------------

2. The version 1.5.8 tools/menu.c (more patching)

3. PasTeX Printing And Postscript

4. RMAIL conversion

5. Postscript File Print

6. Non-delete CAB file?

7. FS: Postscript Cartridge for HP IIP, IID or III

8. Question about Superscopes

9. HP 4ML POSTSCRIPT PRINTER 4 SALE

10. SALE: HP Laserjet IV w/postscript

11. Wanted: HP Laserjet IIIP or PostScript Printer