All HAIL Bill GATES, Windows Forever, the KING of all Operating systems.

Post by Richard M. Hartm » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>>The fact that Uncle Bill is one of the richest men alive doesnt
>>proove anything...

>Actually, I earnestly think that no one should ever need more than
>640K$ of money.

And the financial institutions should enforce that limit.  Of course,
if you do use more than that, you would have to get into bank switching...

                -Richard Hartman

--
"We laugh at honor, but are surprised to find traitors in our midst..."
                -C. S. Lewis

1. All HAIL Bill GATES, Windows Forever, the KING of all Operating systems.

*** NOTE:  I've trimmed down the cross-posting to only the advocacy and misc
groups.

Just some points that I would like to make against your arguments here.

And for my wants/needs as a computer user/hobbyist, the Mac is just pitiful.

(BTW, I've used Macs before)

Now that the opening blanket statements are done with....  :)

On a personal standpoint, I really despise "pure" GUI OS's.  By the same
token, a "pure" CLI can often be inefficent as well.  I prefer a
mix of GUI and CLI (like X), since it gives me the best of both worlds.
So on this point, the Mac loses.  YMMV.

Can't comment on this -- don't know much about this aspect of the argument.

It sure is.  You've made a common mistake equating "PC" with "DOS/Windows".
While the Mac comes shipped with the MacOS, with very few other
alternatives, the PC, while generally shipped with dos/windows (or
Win95), allows the user to load any number of OS's depending on that
person's needs.  Don't like dos/windows?  Get NT!  Get Linux!  Get OS/2!

You are not "stuck" with Windows for the PC like you are with the MacOS
for the Macs.  Sure, there is AUX, a unix OS for the Mac, but that costs,
what, ~$300?  That's about as much as NT.  OS/2 costs only $90-$120.
Linux is just plain free!

DOS and Windows may not be a "true prempted multitasking" OS, but NT,
OS/2, and Linux all are (and 32-bit to boot, if it makes any difference
to you).

Only if you insist on using dos as your only OS.  I stopped insisting a
while ago.  :)

Take care,

Andrew

--
Andrew Pann                            Washington University in St. Louis

Applied Science (Comp Sci)             Class of '98 (with luck!)

2. Hosted picture address

3. All HAIL Bill GATES, Windows Forever, the KING of all Operating , systems.

4. ANNOUNCE : Trans Am PC

5. All HAIL Bill GATES, Windows Forever, the KING of all Operating systems.

6. Doctype and validation

7. TNT2U/Mainboard conflict TWICE! help?

8. All HAIL Bill GATES, Windows Forever, the KING of all Operating , systems.

9. All HAIL Bill GATES, Windows Forever, the GARBAGE TRUCK of all Operating systems.