A1200 green tint and display probs

Post by Chris Appleto » Tue, 07 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi

A friend has just bought a 1200 which has the following probs:

On PAL and NTSC modes, the screen is tinted green. This happens on both an
Atari monitor and a Microvitec, using different video cables. If, when using
the Microvitec, he changes to something like Super72, the green tinge goes
away. It's only on 15kHz modes.

Using the Atari monitor (model 1435 - it looks to be exactly the same as the
Philips CM8833-2, with a different case and lacking Composite input), Pal
displays fine (along with the green tinge!), but it won't display the insert
floppy screen or the Prefs overscan adjust screen. The screen just rolls like
it's trying to display AGA modes (it's only a 15kHz monitor).

Cheers for any help!

Chris
--
     Chris Appleton      : Amiga: Not dead, just hibernating for a while

You cannot tell which way the train went by looking at the track.

1. A1200 has green display

Hello everybody!

I have an A1200, with a hardware problem. The display's green. Not totally
green, it's like when you push the "green" button on a 1084S. No software is
'aware' of the problem, ie. anything will run. In the Dbl* modes it seems like
there's some extra distortion in the clarity of the picture, but in the normal
15 KHz modes the display's crystal clear, but it's green. :-(

What could be the cause of this problem, and more important, is it easily
fixed? Or should I take the 1200 for repairs? I can work with a soldering iron,
but I don't want to do SMD stuff. I might kill the entire machine.. :-)

Oh, and *please* also -mail- replies, because the feed I now have is pretty
much worthless. This group gets about 10 articles/day here. They are
'upgrading' the server...

--

                          -=* and current dynamic hostname. *=-

... I'm a tagline and I'm okay...

2. 1.) Designmenu on server hidden? 2.) Agent appears?

3. NEC monitor display.. minor prob.

4. Hiding action button from multiple users

5. Hired Guns display probs

6. IDsObjectPicker

7. A3000 display/floppy probs.

8. Can SGI print to HP deskjets?