Using more than two joypads/jotsticks on cd32 - HOW ?

Using more than two joypads/jotsticks on cd32 - HOW ?

Post by Gerard McDermo » Mon, 26 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I am now the proud owner of Super Skidmarks and soon Basejumpers.  Problem is,
these games just aren't the same when I play by myself.  With two people they
are pretty good.  BUT I WANT TO PLAY THESE GAMES WITH MORE THAN TWO PLAYERS ON
MY CD32 !!!

So how do I do it ?

(I have looked at the parallel adapter but *ed if I'm going to buy an
SX-1 just for the parrallel port.)

Gerard.     //
         (\X/ Amiga by choice)

  TUSC Computer Systems (disclaimers apply)
  666 Doncaster Road                                     phone: +61 3 8402222
  Doncaster Australia 3108                                 fax: +61 3 8402277

Post by Tony Bulloc » Tue, 27 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: I am now the proud owner of Super Skidmarks and soon Basejumpers.  Problem is,
: these games just aren't the same when I play by myself.  With two people they
: are pretty good.  BUT I WANT TO PLAY THESE GAMES WITH MORE THAN TWO PLAYERS ON
: MY CD32 !!!

: So how do I do it ?

: (I have looked at the parallel adapter but *ed if I'm going to buy an
: SX-1 just for the parrallel port.)

I'm only guessing here, but I wonder if the "link" option will work with a
cable between two keyboard connections?  I gather they also act as a serial
link.  I hope this is the case as I quite like the idea of at least four
players like that!

Why not email the guys at Acid and ask them if it's possible?  Let us all
know hou you get on.

Cheers,
______
 |ony.

P.S.  One month today and I'll be over your side of the world.  Yippee!!!

Post by Stuart Tomlinso » Tue, 27 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: I am now the proud owner of Super Skidmarks and soon Basejumpers.  Problem is,
: these games just aren't the same when I play by myself.  With two people they
: are pretty good.  BUT I WANT TO PLAY THESE GAMES WITH MORE THAN TWO PLAYERS ON
: MY CD32 !!!
:
: So how do I do it ?
:
: (I have looked at the parallel adapter but *ed if I'm going to buy an
: SX-1 just for the parrallel port.)

Super Skidmarks? Not a chance without the SX-1, although you could
possibly buy a serial adapter and play link up with an A1200 or
something.

Base Jumpers CD32 version comes with a mode whereby you can have
2 people on one joypad (p1: D-Pad (ugh, SNES word)+Left flipper
                        p2: Buttons + Right Flipper)

Stu. :)

1. Sega Joypads <---> CD32 Joypads

Is there any way to rewire a sega joypad so that all four buttons are
useable on a CD32 or A1200. Some games like Jetstrike and Total Football
have an option for multi-button pads, and I would like to convert one. If
anyone has circuit diagrams or advice, please respond - thanks !

2. K6 optimizations...

3. Sega Joypad / CD32 Joypad

4. Email from Messenger uses default email client?

5. Using SNES joypads on a CD32...

6. Question regarding Services and Window Handles.

7. Using a CD32 joypad on an Amiga

8. Slam Tilt using a joypad?

9. CD32 Joypad problems?

10. AB2 - Tower Assualt with CD32 Joypads.

11. WTB:CD32 Joypad