23-->15 pin VGA adapter?

Post by Jason Watso » Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Chris wrote about "23-->15 pin VGA adapter?"
on Wed, 18 Mar 98 11:05:12 GMT.

Quote:> Re: Commodore Part No.390682-01 (Section 1-9: A1200 Users Guide)

I have two.  Make me an offer for one taking into account P&P.

Both have been repaired when the 74 series chips failed.  Both now
have these chips socketed for easy future replacement. (I used a
74HCT08B1 Quad 2-Input AND gate 38p from Maplin AE23A)  Both have
also had the A4000 video banding modification done as described in
Warren Blocks A4000.Guide.

I think I will only part with one of these though as I may want to
retain one for future use.

--
Jason Watson

A4K, CS-Mk2 040/40 2+32Mb(EDO).  WB 3.1 (40.42), KS 3.1 (40.68)
CV-64/3D + Scandblr. (70a CGfx3), Dynalink 33.6 (NetConnect 1)
24x Atapi (IDEFix97 2.5), 1.2Gb HDD (AFS-Pro 2.4)

23-->15 pin VGA adapter?

Post by Warren Blo » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> I only want one.

> I'm not being difficult...but I know nothing (nor want to) of Quads, Gates,
> Maplins and Warrens.

> Please clarify.

Heh.  Okay, if you don't want to know the details, let's put it this way:
proper adapters for connecting VGA monitors to Amiga DB23 video ports have
a chip in them.  The C= silver ones have this chip, many homemade ones
skip it and will only work with some monitors, and not at all with others.

There is another modification which can be made inside the adapter to
reduce the vertical banding that is visible on single-color screens.  It's
optional, but can produce a clearer display.

So yes, the adapter that Jason is talking about is the same one you're
talking about.

One of the Warrens,
http://extra.newsguy.com/~wblock

23-->15 pin VGA adapter?

Post by Jason Watso » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Chris wrote about "Re: 23-->15 pin VGA adapter?"
on Wed, 18 Mar 98 22:20:17 GMT.

Quote:> I would, if I knew what the hell you were taking about!

My Fault.  Sorry.

Quote:> All this below means absolutely zip to me, I'm afraid....
> What I want is an adaptor to convert a standard 15 pin Multisynch monitor
> lead into the 23 pin video port on my 1200.
> Is this what you are describing?

Yes. This is the C= standard 23pin-15 pin adapter

Quote:> I only want one.

No problem.

Quote:> I'm not being difficult...but I know nothing (nor want to) of Quads, Gates,
> Maplins and Warrens.

Warren Block is the Author of a Guide for the AMiga A4000 computer.
My A4000 sufered from the common A4000 video banding problem which is
solved by a minor modification to the 23-pin to 15-pin adapter.  This
would'nt effect the operation in an A1200.

Both of my 23-pin to 15-pin adapters have been repaired and repaired
in such a way that if the chip fails againg it can easily be replaced
without a soldering iron (The chip used is noe in a socket).  The rest
was just the part numbers for the components I used for anyone else
who was interested.

Quote:> Please clarify.

Hopfully I have.  Sorry for any confusion caused.

Do note however that these adapters only convert the 23-pin to 15-pin
socket.  To use native screenmodes you will need a monitor that can
sync down to 15Khz.  Or use the DblPal and DblNTSC monitor drivers
posibly with VGAOnly to bring the amiga output to around 31Khz.

Mail me direct if your interested.

--

Post by Jeroen Borgmeye » Sat, 21 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Re: Commodore Part No.390682-01 (Section 1-9: A1200 Users Guide)

> If any one (in the UK) happens to have one of these gizmos lying around,
> I'll gladly exchange a small amount of cash for it....

> I've borrowed a multisynch monitor for a couple of weeks and don't really
> want to pay the 20UKP for a new one (Rip off?)..

A couple of years ago I checked out the pin-outs of the Amiga ports and
made a couple of converter leads, the one you mention is among it.
You could easily make it yourself, just get a pinout for PC-VGA and look
for the Analog RGB, the horizontal and vertical sync and maybe some more
on the Amiga side.. connect them correctly and there you are, a working
converter for about 3-5 UKP.

Jeroen

23-->15 pin VGA adapter?

Post by JC » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> > Re: Commodore Part No.390682-01 (Section 1-9: A1200 Users Guide)

> > If any one (in the UK) happens to have one of these gizmos lying around,
> > I'll gladly exchange a small amount of cash for it....

> > I've borrowed a multisynch monitor for a couple of weeks and don't really
> > want to pay the 20UKP for a new one (Rip off?)..

> A couple of years ago I checked out the pin-outs of the Amiga ports and
> made a couple of converter leads, the one you mention is among it.
> You could easily make it yourself, just get a pinout for PC-VGA and look
> for the Analog RGB, the horizontal and vertical sync and maybe some more
> on the Amiga side.. connect them correctly and there you are, a working
> converter for about 3-5 UKP.

> Jeroen

  now in your header you say vga you mean supervga monitor correct? the old vga
monitors used to have 9 pins, super vga is 15 pins

23-->15 pin VGA adapter?

Post by Calum Thomas Tsa » Wed, 25 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>  now in your header you say vga you mean supervga monitor correct? the old vga
>monitors used to have 9 pins, super vga is 15 pins

        Actually VGA is 15 pin high density DSub.  9 pin Dsub is a variant
used by a few early manufacurers, like Sony, NEC, etc.  VGA 15 is the
standard, regardless of the signal type (VGA, SVGA etc)

A4000/44/1260/Warp/Spectrum/ioExtender  http://www.ecf.utoronto.ca/~tsangc
  "I'm not going to change my ways to please you or appease you..."-DMB

23-->15 pin VGA adapter?

Post by Michael Wilki » Tue, 31 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> > > Re: Commodore Part No.390682-01 (Section 1-9: A1200 Users Guide)

> > > If any one (in the UK) happens to have one of these gizmos
lying around,
> > > I'll gladly exchange a small amount of cash for it....

> > > I've borrowed a multisynch monitor for a couple of weeks and
don't really
> > > want to pay the 20UKP for a new one (Rip off?)..

> > A couple of years ago I checked out the pin-outs of the Amiga
ports and
> > made a couple of converter leads, the one you mention is among it.
> > You could easily make it yourself, just get a pinout for PC-VGA
and look
> > for the Analog RGB, the horizontal and vertical sync and maybe
some more
> > on the Amiga side.. connect them correctly and there you are, a
working
> > converter for about 3-5 UKP.

> > Jeroen

>   now in your header you say vga you mean supervga monitor correct?
the old vga
> monitors used to have 9 pins, super vga is 15 pins

Hi,

I believe that the "Synch Strainer" will do this. I have one running
between my Retina Z3 , A4000T and Electrohome 14" monitor.

It is a 3" x 1&1/2" rectangle with 15 pins one end and Amiga video
port at the other. It works well. I got mine originally from the
"Amiga Warehouse" but I haven't been in contactt with them in 3 years.

I don't know of a homepage for the company but either a web search or
checking with dealers should yield something.

Amiga A4000T 112mb fast/*MkII 50Mhz/060/RetinaZ3/Atapi x12 CdRom
Michael Wilkins, Kyoto. JAPAN

Quantum & Seagate HDs'4.9 Gig.Vlab.HP5l.Supra33.6.IomegaZip.
MicrotekV600 scanner. HewlettPackard HP5l printer.
http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. WANTED: 23 pin to 15 pin (VGA) Video Adapter

Looking for the RGB to SVGA adapter sold by Commodore for the A1200.  I paid
$30 for mine in 1993, but now it looks like the only adapters to be had run
for $150.  ???  If anyone has a working gizmo they'd like to unload, I'm
interested.  Please e-mail...

Thanks,

Joe Cassara

2. convert NFTS to FAT32?

3. FS: 23-15 pin VGA adapter for A1200 / A4000

4. 4Dos 5.5 -> 4Dos 5.51 ???

5. A1200 23 to 15 pin VGA/SVGA adapter

6. Article published in Lima newsletter

7. FS: 23-15 pin VGA adapter

8. <ad> GUARANTEED CREDIT REPAIR BY LAW FIRM

9. 23-pin to 15-pin monitor adapter... where?

10. WTB: 23 pin to 15 pin RGB adapter

11. Wanted: 23-pin to 15-pin monitor adapter

12. WANTED: 23-pin to 15-pin adapter

13. Wanted: Commodore 23-pin to 15-pin video adapter