Black Crypt and the 030 THANKS!

Post by Jerry Ku » Thu, 27 Aug 1992 16:53:13

Well, after having it sit uselessly on the shelf at work for about two
months, I finally got Black Crypt working on my 2000 with GVP 68030/68882
accelerator and GVP SCSI interface.  Admittedly, I ran it from floppies,
but I now have considerable faith that when I install the sucker on the
hard disk, that at least something will happen.

Thanks to all who replied.  It does seem that it really was the VBR
register on the 68030 being reset from $00000000 when cpu runs with
FASTROM set to copy the kernel ROM image into fast RAM.  When I boot up
from the hard drive, with the setcpu modified to come in with no ROM
image copyback, I was able to successfully run the game off floppies.
Tomorrow I'll try installing it to the hard disk and running it from
there under the same CPU conditions, but for now sleep calls me...

Thanks again to all who responded with their fixes!

Now if only this secondhand 105MB Quantum hard drive I bought would
quit acting like a damned paperweight... think I may have bit it there...

Thanks again!

                                Jerry

--

  "I was wrong to play God.  Life is precious, not a thing to be toyed with.
   Now take out that brain and flush it down the toilet." - Montgomery Burns

1. Black Crypt and the 030

Hmmm.... I forgot to mention....

The very first monster I encountered (some two-headed ogrish looking guy)
absolutely beat the shit out of me... looks like I have a few things to
learn now that BC is finally running on my system...

--

  "I was wrong to play God.  Life is precious, not a thing to be toyed with.
   Now take out that brain and flush it down the toilet." - Montgomery Burns

2. jde

3. Thanks for the Black Crypt help

4. Powering down a hard disk

5. Black Crypt Help - Black War Puzzle

6. error C2065: 'CopyFileEx' : undeclared identifier

7. Secret Level in Black Crypt

8. BC++4.02 & PowerPack-DPMI16: Using "normal" large libs???

9. help with Black Crypt HD install

10. Black Crypt

11. Black Crypt (stumped by the skulls)

12. Black Crypt on A4000

13. WTB shadow of the beast 1&2 and black crypt