Foundation is OUT!

Post by Kris Phillips (Sadeness Softwa » Thu, 21 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi Folks,

Just a quick note to let you know the latest Foundation news. Well, as you
may have heard - its finally been released!

People who placed a pre-order should have received their copy by now, and
added to those who bought a copy at the WOA show, that makes a few hundred
Foundation owners!

SIGNED FOUNDATION COPIES
------------------------

Yes, thats right - if you buy your copy directly from us (Sadeness Software),
you can ask to have your copy signed by the programmer - Paul Burkey
free of charge. This is only available from us, and is totally optional.

UPDATES
-------

Yes, Paul has kept to his word, and there are already some Foundation updates on
the support site (follow the links from:
http://www.sadeness.demon.co.uk/foundation.html)

There will be many updates over the coming months, along with play guides,
more detailed manuals etc. So - keep an eye out!!

ORDERING
--------

Ordering info is on the web site, but the basic info is that its 29.95 GBP and
that includes postage worldwide. Orders can be emailed, phoned, snail mail or
by using the online orderform.

FINAL WORD
----------

Well - I hope you are all as glad as I am that Foundation has finally seen the
light of day - and lets also hope that people prove that theres still at least
some life left in the Amiga games scene, and we sell enough copies to make
future development for the platform worthwhile, its in your hands.

Later

Kris / Sadeness

--

Sadeness web Site   | www.sadeness.demon.co.uk  | --- ---------- ----- -- -

Foundation is OUT!

Post by Horst Schuman » Sat, 23 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> SIGNED FOUNDATION COPIES
> ------------------------

> Yes, thats right - if you buy your copy directly from us (Sadeness
> Software),
> you can ask to have your copy signed by the programmer - Paul Burkey
> free of charge. This is only available from us, and is totally
> optional.

Oh, why didn't you put an option on the preorder page? I already got my
copy and it is not signed! Well... The signature does not improve game
play, does it?

There is, however, one thing that keeps puzzling me. How do I complete
mission 6? How can I rescue 5 people from the remote hut, when there are
no people in it?

Any suggestions? BTW: the "docs" on the CD are not helpful for this
problem.

Thanks for another great game, (I own OnEscapee too)

--
Horst Schumann

Foundation is OUT!

Post by Kris Phillips (Sadeness Softwa » Sat, 23 May 1998 04:00:00

On Fri, 22 May 1998 10:00:24 +0200, Horst Schumann wrote about Re: Foundation is OUT!:

> > SIGNED FOUNDATION COPIES
> > ------------------------

> > Yes, thats right - if you buy your copy directly from us (Sadeness
> > Software),
> > you can ask to have your copy signed by the programmer - Paul Burkey
> > free of charge. This is only available from us, and is totally
> > optional.

> Oh, why didn't you put an option on the preorder page? I already got my
> copy and it is not signed! Well... The signature does not improve game
> play, does it?

We only had the idea about signed copies the other day, and you're right -
it doesn't improve gameplay ;)

Quote:> There is, however, one thing that keeps puzzling me. How do I complete
> mission 6? How can I rescue 5 people from the remote hut, when there are
> no people in it?

Dunno - ask Paul..

Kris.

--

Post by Paul Burke » Sat, 23 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>There is, however, one thing that keeps puzzling me. How do I complete
>mission 6? How can I rescue 5 people from the remote hut, when there are
>no people in it?

I think you'd better download the latest update from the support page.
There seems to be a "slight" problem with mission 6 which is not an
issue with the updates. I think the 2nd Update will have made it onto
Aminet by now. The best place to get the updates is the Support Page
which can be found through the link in my signature. If anyone has
problems with FTP or WWW then I'll try to arange for other methods.
Of course the Updates will also be available on CU and AF cover CD's.
If anyone can tell me about other Amiga magazine's that can carry
my updates let me know! For the next two months all updates will be
smaller than a single 700k archive.

Cheers,

Paul

--

http://burkey.home.ml.org/FoundSupport.html

Foundation is OUT!

Post by Steven Pearso » Sat, 23 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello Horst Schumann, on 22-May-98 09:00:24, you said,

Quote:>There is, however, one thing that keeps puzzling me. How do I complete
>mission 6? How can I rescue 5 people from the remote hut, when there are
>no people in it?

You *MUST* download the patch from the Foundation Web-Site

http://www.sneech.demon.co.uk/FoundSupport.html

It fixes this and all the other AGA Problems.

Amiga Freed From Legacy
  ____
 / __/

 / __/teve HTTP://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/heights/4478
/_/earson. ICQ:#12812505

Foundation is OUT!

Post by Horst Schuman » Tue, 26 May 1998 04:00:00

> >There is, however, one thing that keeps puzzling me. How do I
> >complete mission 6? How can I rescue 5 people from the remote hut,
> >when there are no people in it?

> I think you'd better download the latest update from the support page.
> There seems to be a "slight" problem with mission 6 which is not an
> issue with the updates. I think the 2nd Update will have made it onto
> Aminet by now. The best place to get the updates is the Support Page
> which can be found through the link in my signature. If anyone has
> problems with FTP or WWW then I'll try to arange for other methods.
> Of course the Updates will also be available on CU and AF cover CD's.
> If anyone can tell me about other Amiga magazine's that can carry
> my updates let me know! For the next two months all updates will be
> smaller than a single 700k archive.

Thanks! I am sorry, but I discovered that myself last weekend.
I downloaded the 2nd update after posting the question.

Regarding the search for other CD magazines: try contacting Amiga Future
in Germany. They put a CD on their bi-monthly game magazine. The only
problem would be the age of the updates when they appear on CD.

Thanks again for the reply and more thanks for the great game.

--
Horst Schumann

Foundation is OUT!

Post by Horst Schuman » Tue, 26 May 1998 04:00:00

> >There is, however, one thing that keeps puzzling me. How do I
> >complete mission 6? How can I rescue 5 people from the remote hut,
> >when there are no people in it?

> You *MUST* download the patch from the Foundation Web-Site

> http://www.sneech.demon.co.uk/FoundSupport.html

Thanks, did that, problem solved.

Quote:> It fixes this and all the other AGA Problems.

AGA problems? I do not care too much about these. I use the RTG version
(with Picasso96).

Thanks for your reply.

--
Horst Schumann

Foundation is OUT!

Post by Steven Pearso » Tue, 26 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello Horst Schumann, on 25-May-98 09:18:09, you said,

Quote:>> You *MUST* download the patch from the Foundation Web-Site
>> http://www.sneech.demon.co.uk/FoundSupport.html
>> It fixes this and all the other AGA Problems.
>AGA problems? I do not care too much about these. I use the RTG version
>(with Picasso96).

Lucky for you. The AGA version on the CD was awful it kept crashing all the
time It's much better now thanks to Paul's fantastic updates =).

Amiga Freed From Legacy
  ____
 / __/

 / __/teve HTTP://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/heights/4478
/_/earson. ICQ:#12812505

1. Foundation CD or Foundation Gold?

I was considering buying Foundation DC from Epic with my next
purchase.  (Rationale: if you're going to buy one game you can't
afford, why not buy two?) :)

But then when comparing prices with eye-play, I found they have
Foundation _Gold_ for ten pounds more than Epics Director's Cut.
:/

The rather extensive description at Eye-Play's site implys that
Foundation Gold has a few additional elements and game-tweaks
above the diretors cut.  ...The big question is: Are the additional
bits particularly significant?  (Ten pounds significant?) :)

Anyone have experience with both of these title's?  Or an opinion
based on the description of the differences at Eye-play?  ...I'm
quite curious to know.  (And what's the lastability of the game?)

Epic is at: http://www.epicmarketing.ltd.net/
Eye-play is at: http://www.eye-play.com/       if y'all wanna look.

Nathan.
--

A4000 Apollo 040/40MHz SCSI, Picasso IV, 2+112Meg, VLab, Viewsonic E70,
1.2 Gig HDD, 24xCD and a *big* stereo.    Online at 14.4k with Term. :)

2. malloc in an embedded system

3. I am truly sorry that I am not as bright as most others...

4. DCE vs ONC RPC

5. CBM2630 & DKB 2632 problem - need connector pin outs

6. Are 8x cd-roms reliable?

7. could someone help me with video pin outs?

8. pin-outs of A1200 keyboard port

9. pin outs to keyboard 2000

10. need pin outs for amiga 1000

11. Flixer ficker pin-outs