FS : souped up A1200

Post by Robert B. McGeh » Fri, 24 Feb 1995 13:15:48

This is what I have

A1200
Microbotics accelerator - 50MHz 68030 - 50MHz '82FPU
2MB Chip RAM -standard
6MB FAST RAM - on the accelerator card
Maxtor HD - internal 2.5" - 120MB
High Density External Floppy Drive - manufactured by DKB
DataFlyer XS - External Hard Drive IDE interface and case
Western Digital Cavier 340MB hard drive (external)
Bigfoot power supply

I also have a monitor, but I want to keep it.  I have been running a BBS
on this computer and I am going to take it down and sell the entire
setup.  Includes all software that I got with the Amiga and all the
drivers for the peripherals.  basically I will just delete all my
personall stuff and will keep the OS installed and everything.  I am not
really sure what i can get for this, i do know that I spent alot!  If
somebody could make me some offers I will hopefully get rid of it soon.
It is the perfect computer to run a single node BBS on.  The computer is
in perfect working conditions, and I have never had any sort of problems
with it, so lets hear some offers!  please E-mail, thanks.
    Rob

FS : souped up A1200

Post by Robert B. McGeh » Fri, 24 Feb 1995 13:20:02

Quote:

>This is what I have

>A1200
>Microbotics accelerator - 50MHz 68030 - 50MHz '82FPU
>2MB Chip RAM -standard
>6MB FAST RAM - on the accelerator card

 ^^^^^^^^^^^^

sorry, 4MB FAST RAM, 6MB total RAM

Quote:>Maxtor HD - internal 2.5" - 120MB
>High Density External Floppy Drive - manufactured by DKB
>DataFlyer XS - External Hard Drive IDE interface and case
>Western Digital Cavier 340MB hard drive (external)
>Bigfoot power supply

>I also have a monitor, but I want to keep it.  I have been running a BBS
>on this computer and I am going to take it down and sell the entire
>setup.  Includes all software that I got with the Amiga and all the
>drivers for the peripherals.  basically I will just delete all my
>personall stuff and will keep the OS installed and everything.  I am not
>really sure what i can get for this, i do know that I spent alot!  If
>somebody could make me some offers I will hopefully get rid of it soon.
>It is the perfect computer to run a single node BBS on.  The computer is
>in perfect working conditions, and I have never had any sort of problems
>with it, so lets hear some offers!  please E-mail, thanks.
>    Rob

1. A1200 lock ups

Hi everyone,

sorry to bother you with this, but I bought a secondhand 1200 computer with
a Blizzard 030/50 card + 8 mb and a 2.5" hd. This computer was intentionally
going to run slideshow in a window for a shop.

However, I get occasionally lock-ups with it. It seem to be random,
sometimes it just locks and hangs until I reset it. Other times it will guru
with a 0x8000 0004. It seem to be fine running without the blizzard
installed, but without it I can't use this computer for its purpose.

The WB disks accompanying the computer was destroyed so I used my A4000 3.1
disks on it. It has 3.0 rom chips. I can't think of any reason why this
shouldn't work ?

There seem to be a memory problem, but the problem occures with or without
memory chip installed. The problem occure often when there is graphic
updates (actually I haven't noticed the problem in other circumstances...).

There is no patches installed, just pure installation. Both system software
and other software can trigger the situation. If I don't touch the computer
it will work. I even checked it for viruses in a desperate moment.

I have also removed the shield underneeth the computer to get cool air for
the Blizzard. No difference whatsoever.

I have also looked in the A1200 FAQ, but there is no answer there for this
problem.

Can someone help ?  :-((

regards,
--
Kenny  ..// SD

2. MicroStrategy developer

3. HELP: A1200 HD lock-ups

4. HP 970 digicam macro examination...

5. FS: Video Toaster 4000 card for $600 plus shipping via ups cod

6. A3000's again.

7. FS: Uninterruptible Power System (UPS) 250 VA

8. How can i put an excel file into my web page?

9. FS: GVP EGS Spectrum $175 shipped via UPS C.O.D. (U.S.A.)

10. FS: APC 1400VA Smart UPS - $500

11. Souping up a CDTV for BBS use.

12. WTT: Heavily Souped Up MacOS X compatible Power Mac for Amiga