Jim Drews slightly misleading claim

Post by Arthur Hag » Sat, 21 Jan 1995 03:19:45

Dear Sirs,

>>> I disagree.  Both Wing Commander and Wing Commander II certainly do NOT
>>> internally time themselves, and they're hardly 10 years old.  On a
>>> 486/66, WC II is, well, let's say "frantic".  WC is unplayable.

Quote:>> That's probably the speed their meant to go at - maybe you're just
>> getting a little old in the tooth (-:

Quote:> No way.  WC is BRUTAL on a 486/66...

So is Battle Of Britain on a 50MHz 68030.  WC just crashes.  Timing
problems indeed.

Yours,
*Art

1. Now touring -- Jim Drew and his AMAZING

AH> On 26 Jan 1995 12:01:15 GMT,

AH> <snip>
AH> > Point of order: Jim NEVER CLAIMED it would be as fast as a Pentium.
AH> > You've totally misinterpreting him.
AH> > How the hell could you emulate a machine that is at least 3-4 times
AH> > faster real time?
AH>
AH> Simple.  By exaggerating.
AH>
AH> Yours,
AH> *Art (who suspects Jim of being a superior fisherman too)

 I sure hope he's not out fishing. I'm still waiting for my emplant :)

Dave Kaupp.

* Offline Orbit 0.70b *

2. Encrypted Passwords (Again)

3. Jim Drew saves the Amiga!

4. tiff2txt

5. Does Jim Drew have an email address?

6. Wild Cards

7. UU's Jim Drew on his 486DX Emulator

8. Test >why no newsgroup on server

9. JIM DREW: favor for EMPLANT

10. SUPPORT JIM DREW (long)

11. Jim Drew Giving up Amiga Support

12. Problems with sybil (Jim Drew)

13. JIM DREW SAVES AMIGA T-SHIRT OFFER!!!