Postscript File Viewer

Post by Nicholas Woot » Tue, 06 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Please can any one tell me where I can find a postscript file viewer for my
Amiga. I am looking for something simalar to ghostview on Unix.

Thanks
        Nick

*                                                                             *

*                                                                             *

*                                                                             *

*   Bristol City Web Page :  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/eejit   *
*                                                                             *

Postscript File Viewer

Post by Leon Woestenbe » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: Please can any one tell me where I can find a postscript file viewer for my
: Amiga. I am looking for something simalar to ghostview on Unix.

I suggest using... GhostScript for Amiga. The latest port is just uploaded
onto Aminet. Supports PostScript and PDF input, and outputs to an Amiga
window or PNG image format.

This time I felt the installation was quite easy.

Leon Woestenberg

Postscript File Viewer

Post by Bernhard Gra » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

LW> I suggest using... GhostScript for Amiga. The latest port is just uploaded
LW> onto Aminet. Supports PostScript and PDF input, and outputs to an Amiga
LW> window or PNG image format.

gs often freezes. Some parts don't work at all or not as expected
(-r180, -sDEVICE=amiga_super, printing).
When I trace ghostscript-printing with SnoopDos, the machine crashes.

LW> This time I felt the installation was quite easy.

FONTPATH-ENV-Var don't work. The FontMap refers to fonts that are not
in the distribution and to non-gs-Fonts, and you call that quite easy?

I didn't try pdf-capabilities so far.

Ciao
--
Bernhard Graf

Postscript File Viewer

Post by M D Sergean » Fri, 09 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Please can any one tell me where I can find a postscript file viewer for my
>Amiga. I am looking for something simalar to ghostview on Unix.

>Thanks
>    Nick

ghostview is just a sugared front end to ghostscript, which is available on
aminet ftp://src.doc.ic.ac.uk/aminet/gfx/show/ (I think) I use it regularly,
and think it's great. Other viewers use post.library which is a good
achievement, but is slow. All ps viewers take some setting up though, so be
warned.

Matt.

Postscript File Viewer

Post by Christian Thomas Hunya » Sat, 10 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: Please can any one tell me where I can find a postscript file viewer for my
: Amiga. I am looking for something simalar to ghostview on Unix.

: Thanks
:       Nick

I am using "HWGPOSTbeta7" from Aminet (text/print). Although it is a beta, I
had, up to now, no stability problems, it is compatible to SpecialHost from
PasTeX - {\em very} important for me :-) -  and, judged by my personal
impressions, rather fast. (I am using a 4000/040).

It provides an "programming interface", a datatype and a printer-driver for
PS-emulation.

For full use as an Postscript-emulator, you may want to get the
GNU-PSFonts-Archive, that will replace the Standard Adobe PSFonts. I think
it can be found in the "Post186enh_bin.lha"-archive on Aminet (text/print).

The last one is also a PS-Emulator based on Post V1.7 and probably worth a
look, too - but as I was satisfied with HWGPOST, I never installed it :).

Bye,

XH

P.S.: Just had some doubts and looked into the Readme: HWGPOST is Giftware,
means it is fully functional, but you will have to register with an email or
something similar (:-) ) and send the author a gift (quite obvious). As I
completely forgot about that after installation ({\em not} intentionally), I
will do the first at once and start thinking about some adequate present
right now (think it will come down to some money :) ).

2P.S.: And as a closing, the "terrybel englisch diskleimer":
Any physical, emotional or mental damage, caused by reading my English, is
your problem, so don't blame me! ;-)

--
.===========================================================================.
=            "Abro Hakmo Astab",Brian W. Aldiss,"Helliconia: Winter"        =

`=============physics-student at the University of Karlsruhe/Germany========'

1. Looking for Postscript Viewer

Hello,

I am looking for a GOOD Postscript viewer which is working under KS3.1.
I have tried some old ones but they crash.

Can someone help me with this?

Kind regards,

                                   ,,,
                                  (o^o)
_______________________________oOO_(_)_OOo________________________________

 /\/\

2. PowerBook information

3. Looking for a Postscript Viewer

4. Borland Turbo C++ 4.5 Inquiry

5. postscript viewer

6. tax & mortgage update broke

7. PostScript viewer

8. PowerBook SCSI conundrum

9. Ipix Viewer, Interactive Pictures have no dedicated Amiga viewer.

10. Looking for a file hex viewer

11. good GIF and JPEG file viewer needed, Help!

12. picture viewer for .art files??

13. GIF file viewers