Adios, .advocacy; The death of .advocacy; Re: Adios, Amiga.

Adios, .advocacy; The death of .advocacy; Re: Adios, Amiga.

Post by Peter da Sil » Tue, 08 Mar 1994 19:55:04

So much for the success of .advocacy groups. I say .advocacy groups are dying.
Look at this thread! You don't see people going over to .advocacy to get into
it. No! They're right here. I'm sure IBM and Apple support their .advocacy
groups. You can get on there with a good solid flame and it'll just work...
not only that, but you can get support for your flames even if you're using
an older subject or newsreader! You know what the real problem is? Commodore
doesn't advertise their .advocacy group properly... even with .advocacy users
doing their best to set followups and everything that doesn't replace real
professional net.advertising...
--

 `-_-'   Ja' abracas-te o teu lobo, hoje?
  'U`

1. keep Commodore advocacy in comp.sys.amiga.advocacy

The following rot belongs in this newsgroup, not in comp.sys.atari.st.

Subject: Re: Atarians! Where Are You?!
Date: 23 Jan 92 07:12:33 GMT

I suppose you don't consider PageStream 2.2 a DTP program???  Don't they
even publish it for the toy atari?  Of course the Amiga's is one version
HIGHER than yours.

The Super Denise chip that is now included with new A500's sold in Europe
(and soon to be in the states also) gives Productivity mode which displays
640 X 480 flicker free on ANY VGA type (or multisync monitor).  This means
a user can go out and buy an $89 paper white mono VGA and use it with his A500.
The Super Denise can be had for about $55 for older A500's  ($55 + $89 STILL
adds up to less than the price of a new toyari monochrome - in case you  can't
add!)

Kinda like the monstrosity known as the STe???  TOS 1.06 hardly runs anything!!
Also, how many of your ST GAMES run on your beloved TT??

The amiga doesn't NEED a PD compiler.  There are still publishers that
support us!!

Since the Amiga is a TRUE multitasking machine, we can do more than one thing
at a time.  Try THAT with your ST!  (and don't even bother mentioning
multigem....  That's about as good a multitasker as switcher is on the Mac)

Also I guess keeping an eye out for some loser who will buy your 'computer'
keeps the average Atarian pretty busy too!

And MY goddamn pointer never has flickered EITHER!!!  In Fact the ONLY
non-flickering pointer I've ever seen on a toy atari is when it is running
under Spectre!   Heh heh heh.....

-----------

"The most important fact about Spaceship Earth: An instruction book didn't come
with it." -- R. Buckminster Fuller

2. oops - strike that message about the Pyro Drive

3. Is it Adios Amiga again? (AT sold out!)

4. FORSALE: Amiga 3000 Unix Box

5. Is it Adios Amiga?

6. Latex Suddenly Not Working

7. Adios Amiga! I'll never forget...

8. Can't connect above 21.6....HELP!!!

9. Adios, Amiga.

10. Adios Amiga & thanks for the memories

11. Amiga World - Adios

12. Adios Amiga