Motherboard Revision (Yes I am sorry .......)

Motherboard Revision (Yes I am sorry .......)

Post by Keith Stewa » Mon, 05 Nov 1990 09:22:46

Following the discussion about someones problem with their 2000 I would
like to ask the wisdom of the NET to give me a definitive answer. I have
tried to get some sense from our local dealer but it is very hard.
I have a B2000 with motherboard version 4.5. I got my dealer to put in
the Obese Angus chip so I have 1 MEG of CHIP RAM.
Everything works OK.
Is there anything else needed to be done to the 2000 to upgrade it to
the latest version of the motherboard. If so what is the advantage as
everything seems to be OK at present. I have a 2058 added but am soon to
get a 2091 +40 (Mail order as our local Commodore distributor does not
sell them here).
Any help gratefully received.

Motherboard Revision (Yes I am sorry .......)

Post by Larry Philli » Tue, 06 Nov 1990 04:44:21

Quote:>Following the discussion about someones problem with their 2000 I would
>like to ask the wisdom of the NET to give me a definitive answer. I have
>tried to get some sense from our local dealer but it is very hard.
>I have a B2000 with motherboard version 4.5. I got my dealer to put in
>the Obese Angus chip so I have 1 MEG of CHIP RAM.
>Everything works OK.
>Is there anything else needed to be done to the 2000 to upgrade it to
>the latest version of the motherboard. If so what is the advantage as
>everything seems to be OK at present. I have a 2058 added but am soon to
>get a 2091 +40 (Mail order as our local Commodore distributor does not
>sell them here).
>Any help gratefully received.

I'd wait until you try the 2091 in it, before making a decision to upgrade or
not. Rev 4.6 should work just fine with the 2091, but if it gives you problems,
it isn't much to bring it up to spec frrom 4.5.

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill

1. I am truly sorry that I am not as bright as most others...

With amiga's. everyone here seems to know a lot abot them, and I was
wondering, now that I know where to get the software, how to GET IT TO
WORK! I thought about master/slaving the two, would I use the serial port,
or the paralell? It's an amiga 500. I dont know the specs, because so far
I've just been really confused. An ibm emulator would let me put in IBM
disks, and have it be able to read them? Anyway, if I master/slave can I
transmit data freely? Would it be possible? Do I need to bo online in some
way? thanks,
                           rob

2. calling a control from a string

3. You'll need UnZip -- yeah, that's the ticket -- sorry!

4. Rainbow conversion to IBM

5. Yes I am Steve

6. (OT) Japan pissed off at Goldman Sach

7. Yes I am an ugly, cranky, uneducated, and illitrate doofus

8. Mustek Paragon A3 Pro

9. Yes I am the one who is posting all this shit

10. Yes I am STUPID and have no life I just hate SG and

11. I Am Very Sorry!!!