2090's and SCSI

Post by Matthew Donald Drow » Fri, 05 Jun 1992 08:20:45

        I have a 2090 controller hooked up an A2000 (unknown rev, but old),
along with 2 mfm drives, each with 2 partitions.  I am running 1.2,
along with FFS on 2nd partition via software lib.
        I just bought two scsi drives to hook up to the controller, and
stumbled into a big problem.  The drive wants a mountlist for the 2nd
scsi drive.  I can install one drive without problem, but the 2nd drive
I need to mount via a mountlist entry.  I don't have any specs on the
2nd scsi drive.  Last I knew, I shouldn't have to define stuff in the
mountlist?  What's up?

Two other questions.
1)  The one scsi device I have hooked up is a seagate st-225n, and it
seems to be only slightly faster than floppies.   Is this correct?  My
MFM drives are much faster.
2)  Every partition I mount takes up 50k of ram.  On my 1meg Amiga, this
is kinda expensive with 5 "parts".  Is the only solution to buy more
memory?

(Thanx for any help in advance.)

1. Old 2090/SCSI problem: can't find handler

I have an A2000 with an old A2090 non-autobooting controller.  Recently
I added a Quantum ELS42AT 40 meg harddrive to augment an aging
ST506-type drive.  I have been able to prep, format, and use the new
drive with any size first partition (the one mounted by binddrivers),
up to and including the entire disk.  Every time I try to format an
additional partition, however, (either FFS or non-FFS) I get the message:

sys:system/format failed -
cannot find handler

I don't know what version of hddisk.device I have (I got it around the
time when I got the 2090, just before the 2090A was introduced). The
file size of my version of hddisk.device is 9436.  The mountlist
entries I used are a bit long for a post, but I can send them to
anyone who thinks they might help them diagnose the problem.  Anyone
have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Carl Bruggeman

2. Generic Driver for HP 670C DeskJet?

3. Where's the 2090 FAQ?

4. ***Warning*** Dee One Systems

5. Some questions on 2090's commodore controller !!!

6. Changing an ICON

7. Some questions on 2090's commodore controller !!!!

8. How do I configure this?

9. SCSI-2 drives with 2090/2091?

10. Pins on 2090 SCSI port (hooking to Bernoulli)

11. Needed: SoftW for 2090 MFM/SCSI controller