A3000 upgrade Tower Options?

Post by Jaeson Koszarsk » Tue, 15 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Are there any tower kits available for the A3000
with an expanded ZorroIII board?

Jaeson K.
--
Jaeson & Jennifer Koszarsky   Amiga 3000-Enhanced
---------------------------   -------------------

Recommended reading:

"The Demon Haunted World" by Carl Sagan

A3000 upgrade Tower Options?

Post by Holle » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

  Try looking in www.blittersoft.com, they used to sell ones for about 300, as
did Ateo Concepts, though they stopped ages ago.  Other than that, you could
make your own (not too bad, apart from keeping the riser in solidly) or get an
A3000T (very tough to find now).
  I've taken all my SCSI stuff, and an external floppy, and put it in a midi
ATX case under my desk, so one power switch and one SCSI cable, leaving the
guts as a pretty monitor stand...
James

A3000 upgrade Tower Options?

Post by Raynald Le Moin » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

"JK" == "Jaeson Koszarsky" a crit:

JK> Are there any tower kits available for the A3000 with an expanded
JK> ZorroIII board?
JK>
JK> Jaeson K.

If you're living in the us try Chameleon. They were the only one last
year. I oet in touch with them but their solution was too expensive
for a french user because of the taxes (custom, vat) and transport
that doubled the price.

Raynald Le Moing.
Posted with Amiga NewsRog

Post by Patrick For » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>   I've taken all my SCSI stuff, and an external floppy, and put it in a midi
> ATX case under my desk, so one power switch and one SCSI cable, leaving the
> guts as a pretty monitor stand...

Sounds like a good way to do it, certainly simpler than towering the whole
machine. What sort of cable do you have connecting the SCSI tower? i would
think using 25 way to the A3000's external port would be asking for
trouble.
--
+ =====================+
||  Patrick Ford                   ||

A3000 upgrade Tower Options?

Post by Thomas Newso » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> in solidly) or get an A3000T (very tough to find now).

I have one for sale (offtopic I know but a legitimate reply).

This is a 100% stable system, she has been my prize and joy for many years.

Amiga 3000 Tower (Original C=)
C= 040/25
3.1 ROM's, 3.5 WB.
DKB 32bit RAM Card
32MB on the above card (No FAST RAM on the motherboard)
2.1 gig SCSI Hard Drive
16 Speed SCSI CDROM Drive
Picasso II+ GFX Card
Multiface III I/O Card (2 serial, 1 parallel)
33k6 modem
Microvitec 14inch 1438s monitor
High Density Floppy Drive
External Speakers
Original A3kT Keyboard
Original A3kT 'Pregnant' Mouse

I'm in the Uk should that make a difference.

--

A3000 upgrade Tower Options?

Post by Holle » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

  I use a 25 way D to 50 way centronics lead from Maplin Electronics, in the
Midi case I pinched the backplate from a broken  external DAT drive, which runs
to a 5 plug ribbon cable, oh and an active terminator on the internal connector
- it does stretch SCSI 1 to it's limits : )
James
ps. I don't suppose you'd swap that A3kT for a desktop ?? just wishful
thinking...

A3000 upgrade Tower Options?

Post by Thomas Newso » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>   I use a 25 way D to 50 way centronics lead from Maplin Electronics, in
> the Midi case I pinched the backplate from a broken  external DAT drive,
> which runs to a 5 plug ribbon cable, oh and an active terminator on the
> internal connector - it does stretch SCSI 1 to it's limits : ) James
> ps. I don't suppose you'd swap that A3kT for a desktop ?? just wishful
> thinking...

Nah, got one of those too :-)

--

1. A3000 towering options?

Hi,

I seem to recall posting this the other day, but I don't see it in the messages
and so I will try again.
        A customer has asked me what his options for putting his 3000 in a tower are.
As I'm not too familiar with the 3000s in general, I told him I would see if I
could get some opinions/answers for him.  Also, if you have or know of where to
get a tower setup for a 3000, I'd love to be able to let him know.

Thanks!
Christine

                       Proud Team *AMIGA* Member
       Treasurer - ACCUG (Albany Corvallis Computer Users Group)
               "IRQs?  We don't need no stinking IRQs!"
     ///   -----------------------------------------------------

\\\///     -----------------------------------------------------
 \///    Stop by Camp Amiga at:  http://www.dnc.net/users/stomc/

2. Denying Email and Bounce

3. Options for turning A1200 into a tower

4. Pine & PGP

5. What options are there to put A4000 in a tower ?

6. Monthly expenditure averages in Money 2000?

7. Tower options

8. atari Mega ST2 and dvicopy

9. Advice: A1200 tower case options

10. Tower options (A1200) + Siamese

11. options for putting 4000 in tower

12. A4000 68060 TOWER system, A3000-Tower, Video Toaster, PAR, AD516