help w/ MBX microrobotics 1200Z ram expansion on 1200

help w/ MBX microrobotics 1200Z ram expansion on 1200

Post by Forth Horsem » Wed, 18 Oct 1995 04:00:00



I have an MBX 1200Z expansion board, w/ 4Mb which works great.  However,  
I just got 8MB simm, and I want to install it, but I don't have the
instruction manul anymore.

Therefore, I don't know what jumpers I have to siwtch to get the boarrd
recognize the ram.  I tried everything and 4MB is the most I can get.

There are only 3 jumpers which say:

1.  TEST ON
2.  4MB ON
3.  2 BANKS ON

Does anyone know what I have to do to get it to work?

Thanks!

--

 
 
 

help w/ MBX microrobotics 1200Z ram expansion on 1200

Post by Erik Lindbe » Thu, 19 Oct 1995 04:00:00



Quote:>I have an MBX 1200Z expansion board, w/ 4Mb which works great.  However,
>I just got 8MB simm, and I want to install it, but I don't have the
>instruction manul anymore.

I have!!!

Quote:>Therefore, I don't know what jumpers I have to siwtch to get the boarrd
>recognize the ram.  I tried everything and 4MB is the most I can get.

Not too good...

Quote:>There are only 3 jumpers which say:
>1.  TEST ON

This should be off, it is if you don't have any memory installed at all.

Quote:>2.  4MB ON

This should be on, if you have 4 or 8 Mb.

Quote:>3.  2 BANKS ON

This should be on, if the SIMM is double sided, off otherwise.

Quote:>Does anyone know what I have to do to get it to work?

Maybe.

<sb>
    Name  Erik Lindberg               __
 FidoNet  2:203/123.31           __  /// +--------------------------+
                                 \\\///  !  Get a Life - Buy AMIGA  !


 
 
 

1. FS: MicroBotics MBX 1200z expansion card for A1200 w/8 Meg ram inc.

FS: MicroBotics MBX 1200z expansion card for A1200 w/8 Meg ram inc.

This card adds 68882 FPU /25 MHz, 72 pin ram expansion, and real time clock to

the 1200. It INCLUDES 8 megs ram.

It is in perfect condition and will be shipped in original packaging with all
software and documentation that came with it.

The price is $65.00 (US) AND THAT INCLUDES UPS GROUND SHIPPING!!

If interested, please respond via email (you must remove the ## from my email
address to send email to me)

thanks,

John A.

*********************************
John Amato
Owner/Producer
Ultimate Video

2. Fatal Blue Screen on Startup

3. win32ape.exe

4. classics@en.com (Steven Tucker) - address change

5. FS: 1200 w/ MBX 1200z, 4mbEDO, 23 to 9pin adapter, NEVER USED

6. Is the MBX 1200Z 14MHz a good card to use to expand a 1200??

7. Info Wanted: MBX 1200Z 1200 accel board