Second try: PANIC!!!!!!!! DM2 saving problems

Second try: PANIC!!!!!!!! DM2 saving problems

Post by Hans Hal » Wed, 22 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
I posted this to comp.sys.amiga.games a few days ago, but I got no
answer. Maybe someone in this group knows?

----------------
I have a big problem. I have played DM2, and I'm approximately
in the "boiling room", and the levels with bats below. When I try
to save my game, everything works fine, but when I load it again
it won't start. When I press the LOAD button, the HD lamp just flashes
for some second and then nothing happens. I checked the size of the
saved games, and it seems like when the size is larger than (if I
remember right) 54 K, it won't load again! Is it some problems with
the MaxTransfer again? I have a 3.5" (Quantum) HD, and Blizzard 1230-IV.
Please help!

//Hans

P.S Email would be appreciated

Post by Samuel Mackril » Wed, 29 May 1996 04:00:00

> I have a big problem. I have played DM2, and I'm approximately
> in the "boiling room", and the levels with bats below. When I try
> to save my game, everything works fine, but when I load it again
> it won't start. When I press the LOAD button, the HD lamp just flashes
> for some second and then nothing happens. I checked the size of the
> saved games, and it seems like when the size is larger than (if I
> remember right) 54 K, it won't load again! Is it some problems with
> the MaxTransfer again? I have a 3.5" (Quantum) HD, and Blizzard 1230-IV.
> Please help!

I had trouble reloading games if I saved with a spell active (such as haste).
It didn't quite behave like yours, it seemed to load but then froze with the right hand
interaction bar blank. The solution for me was to always let the spells ware off before
saving the game. Other than that I haven't go a clue.

Sam
--

AspenTech Consultants         WWW    : http://www.aspentec.com/
AspenTech UK, Castle Park     Tel    :  +44 1223 302080 x212

1. PANIC: DM2 saving problems!

Hi,
I have a big problem. I have played DM2, and I'm approximately
in the "boiling room", and the levels with bats below. When I try
to save my game, everything works fine, but when I load it again
it won't start. When I press the LOAD button, the HD lamp just flashes
for some second and then nothing happens. I checked the size of the
saved games, and it seems like when the size is larger than (if I
remember right) 54 K, it won't load again! Is it some problems with
the MaxTransfer again? I have a 3.5" (Quantum) HD, and Blizzard 1230-IV.
Please help!

//Hans

P.S Email would be appreciated

2. ABINITIO DEVELOPER NEEDED URGENTLY

3. DM2 DM2 DM2 DM2 (aka Where is it?)

4. German ST, convert ???

5. Panic panic PANIC!!!!!!

6. file copy across local lan way too slow

7. SDI

8. DM2

9. DM2 Skullkeep

10. DM2...Skull thingy.....&A1200 probs