Cybervision 64/3D - ZIV coming?

Post by Henrik Nordhu » Tue, 15 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Have anybody heard from Power or anybody else whether the new ZIV
version of *vision 64/3D is coming? I'd like to get a graphics
card, and as there is no A1200 PPC cards out there at the moment, and
I have a brand new Apollo 1260 this seems to be the only available one
at the moment. (Picasso IV is no more). But I'm not getting the
Zorro2 thingy they have now. I know I can't reach Zorro3 speeds with
it, but it's still an improvement right?

--
Henrik Nordhus
Skogroveien 4

Cybervision 64/3D - ZIV coming?

Post by Trevor Dale » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

On 15-Feb-00 07:26:26 *Henrik Nordhus* wrote about *vision 64/3D - ZIV
coming?, so I though I would say...

Hi Henrik,

Quote:>Have anybody heard from Power or anybody else whether the new ZIV
>version of *vision 64/3D is coming? I'd like to get a graphics
>card, and as there is no A1200 PPC cards out there at the moment, and
>I have a brand new Apollo 1260 this seems to be the only available one
>at the moment. (Picasso IV is no more). But I'm not getting the
>Zorro2 thingy they have now. I know I can't reach Zorro3 speeds with
>it, but it's still an improvement right?

I have ordered the new ZIV BusBoard.

You do realise that if you buy the new *vision64/3D it will only work
in the double speed video ZII socket or a ZIII socket. It will not work in
a normal ZII socket.

It is just a modified version of the original *vision64/3D, I beleive
where will also be a mod that can be done to existing *vision64/3D
boards to make then double speed as well.

As for the ZIV sockets, a new graphics card is planed that is based on the
old Spectrum board.

Hope this helps.

Ciao, Trev Daley.

<sb>A1200T 030/40 * 2meg Chip / 64meg Fast Ram * CV64/3D P96 * OS3.5

    South Australia               ICQ: #12990261
Message written using *Thor* Version 2.6a on 15-Feb-0 09:17:06.
<sb>Live long and prosper

Windows Error 00C:  Memory hog error.  More ram needed.  More!  More!

Post by jake_freder.. » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Have anybody heard from Power or anybody else whether the new ZIV
> version of *vision 64/3D is coming? I'd like to get a graphics
> card, and as there is no A1200 PPC cards out there at the moment, and
> I have a brand new Apollo 1260 this seems to be the only available one
> at the moment. (Picasso IV is no more). But I'm not getting the
> Zorro2 thingy they have now. I know I can't reach Zorro3 speeds with
> it, but it's still an improvement right?

What about the Ateo Bus/Pixel 64? I have one and I'm pretty happy with
it. It only has 2 megs of graphics memory but it's much faster than
any ZII card.

Before you buy.

Cybervision 64/3D - ZIV coming?

Post by Sam » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

jf> > Have anybody heard from Power or anybody else whether the new
jf> > ZIV version of *vision 64/3D is coming? I'd like to get a
jf> > graphics card, and as there is no A1200 PPC cards out there at
jf> > the moment, and I have a brand new Apollo 1260 this seems to be
jf> > the only available one at the moment. (Picasso IV is no more).
jf> > But I'm not getting the Zorro2 thingy they have now. I know I
jf> > can't reach Zorro3 speeds with it, but it's still an
jf> > improvement right?
jf> >

Eyetech are advertising the NEW CV64/3D that is compatible with Zorro
II/III and ZIV now although it isn't on there website yet
(www.eyetech.co.uk).  The board is ZII/III autoesensing, supports the
double speed transfers of the  ZIV board plus corrects some problems
with the original when fitted in an A1500/A2000.

The double speed access IS an improvement but by no-means as much as
it would be on a true Zorro III Amiga as your limited to a 16bit
Zorro II kludge through the ZIV board that doesn't support DMA -
these signals are missing onthe A1200   trapdoor connector.

What I REALLY wnat to know is, can you now use the Flicker Fixer card
properly  and will it still be available as other Zorro bus
expansions dont allow this?
Posted with Amiga NewsRog

1. Cybervision 64 vs 64/3d

I'm sorry to re-hash an old debate, but I can't find suitable archives
anywhere.

I can get a used, warrenteed, Cybervision 64, 4MB, for $250 from Randomize.  A
Cybervision 64/3D runs about $300.  I realize the 64 doesn't have 3D
acceleration, but it DOES have Cybergraphics v3 support.  I seem to recall
hearing that the 64, which is Z3 only, has markedly faster memory access than
the never 64/3D, which is Z2/Z3 switching..

I plan to use either board with my (already in use) 64/3D Scan Doubler module.

Any more information or recommendations?

Thanks -

Michael

One large, hairy, irate Amiga user.

2. Retrospec music idea...

3. Cybervision 64/3D in A3000

4. 2000 upgrade mystery

5. Amiga 3000D doesn't recognize Cybervision 64/3D

6. comp.dsp FAQ [1 of 4]

7. P-II vs P-IV vs CyberVision 64/3D

8. How do I print checks using a LASER PRINTER from Oracle Financials?

9. Cybervision 64 3D

10. Cybervision 64/3D vs. Picasso IV

11. Picasso IV or Cybervision 64/3D ???

12. WTB:Cybervision 64/3D

13. Anyone Using Blizzard 1260 and CyberVision 64/3d?