WHAT PROBLEMS DO A3000s HAVE?

Post by Sjak » Tue, 15 Nov 1994 00:10:42

Just like the title says! I am buying a A3000 and wanted to know what
problems it might have [ie what is the story on the Buster chip?]
or how good is the HD Controller?

Post by Keith R. Bur » Wed, 16 Nov 1994 07:50:45

: Just like the title says! I am buying a A3000 and wanted to know what
: problems it might have [ie what is the story on the Buster chip?]
: or how good is the HD Controller?

The Revision 7 (the one in the 3000) and 8 Buster chips contain a bug that
won't allow it to access DMA with cards using Zorro-III.  If the card uses
Zorro-II or doesn't access DMA, you'll see no problems.

As for the HD controller, I've heard nothing about them (but then my
listening skills are somewhat questionable. :->).  I've owned my 3000 for
around two years and haven't experienced any problems.

As always.

|             Having more fun than a man getting a root canal.             |

1. <dos.h> vs. <dos/dos.h>

What is the correct placement for the cbm include file dos.h?
I certainly feel that dos/dos.h is the most logical,
but for some reason I have seen two times lately that
someone wants to place dos.h in include: instead of include:dos/

The reason I'm asking right now is because I'm one of the persons
working on the Bars'n'Pipes source, and suddenly another
person has changed all <dos/dos.h> to <dos.h> in all files
defined, and thats a lot of files. I would like to have
a good argument why he should change all <dos.h> back to
<dos/dos.h>. Anyone?

--

2. status line in MS-Kermit 3.14 VT320 emulator

3. It's NOT just C= having problems, Apple is, too!

4. AutoLISP,VBA or Script?

5. hidden "Alert dialog" in Basic

6. Still having problems with Legend of the Sword - Help!!!!

7. Epson 1270 & B/W

8. HELP!!! Having problems with my A1200 floppy drives

9. Having problems using a CDROM drive with my Amiga, help appreciated.

10. Still having problems...

11. Having problems reading DAT...

12. Help: having problems using Emulex ESDI-SCSI converter.