Creating boot disk

Post by Chris » Tue, 13 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I'm fairly new to Amiga.  Just need to know how to create a boot disk on
an A500.

Creating boot disk

Post by Chris Applet » Fri, 16 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi

Quote:>>I'm fairly new to Amiga.  Just need to know how to create a boot disk on an
>>A500.

 WFM> First, there is a program in the sys:c directory (sys: is any disk you
 WFM> boot off of) called install. when you have your 500 booted, open the
 WFM> shell and when the prompt appears, put the floppy in that you want to
 WFM> make a new boot disk with and type:

 WFM>         install df0:

All you really need to do now is make a directory called "s" and in that put
an startup-sequence, so type

makedir df0:s
ed df0:s/startup-sequence

The contents of this should just load programs, for example if you wanted it
to display a line of text and load a game it should read something like:
"
echo "Now loading, please wait"
name_of_game
             "
 If you get stuck just get hold of some PD disks and see what they have on
 them (so long as they boot :))

Chris
--   __

\\\/// 6mb/28mhz 030 | http://www.uea.ac.uk/~9511237/people/chris.html
 \XX/ BJ-30 / Targa  | Pure Amiga - New Amiga WWW Page - Up Soon!

Creating boot disk

Post by Ciro Scognamigl » Fri, 16 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm fairly new to Amiga.  Just need to know how to create a boot disk on
>an A500.

from the shell:

install df0:
makedir df0:s
ed df0:s/startup-sequence

put in the startup-sequence the commands to be executed at the disk boot.

that's all, hope it helps.

regards, Ciro.

<tsb> Ciro Scognamiglio

Matrix: 2:331/101.33              |                   Legnano (MI) ITALY
<sb> Amiga 1200/030MMU 40Mhz 6Mb 28800bps AmiTCP/PPP1.30
Voice/Fax: +331 541918            |       IRC: Moray (#Amiga #Italia)
<tsb> Using Thor 2.22 | Date 14-Feb-96 16:27:35

1. Amiga 1200 HD won't boot on cold boot, only warm boot

The system I'm running has 4 Amiga 1200's in it and two of these four
systems have No keyboard NO floppy and use a PC Power Supply and only
have a HD for booting and they DON'T boot on POWERUP with the standard
Seagate Drive, ST9100. You must do a soft reboot to get the HD
to load WB.  THIS REALLY SUCKS.

How can I make the Amiga 1200 actually WAIT for a HD response or put in a
very long wait perdiod rather than going too quickly to see if the HD is
there and if not NO HD AVAILABLE.

2. ZMAIL - Lost folders/directories?

3. Is it possible to create AMIGA Disks on my PC

4. Lost Data

5. How do you create adf files from original amiga disks?

6. misc SS10/SS20 RAM FS

7. Creating a "KickBench" disk

8. Bug: MySQL 4.0.13 crashes during simultaneous execution "ALTER TABLE ... ENABLE KEYS" and "SHOW TABLE STATUS" statements.

9. create amiga disk from pc

10. Amiga boot disk

11. Ultima V Boot Disk problem

12. Booting NDOS disks in PAL or NTSC mode.

13. Making NDOS disks boot in UAE