How to QSBlit()?

Post by Saulni » Tue, 01 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Well, the title says it all.
Do I start the blit myself? by writing to bltsize register or the other newer
one (bltsiz(h or v), I can't remember which starts the blit off hand).
And return 0 or 1 when I'm done (Sorry, I don't have the RKM's in front of me)

I checked the RKM's, started the blit myself when my routine gets called and
returned the appropriate value to tell it I was done, but it just hung.
I wasn't doing anything fancy, just a straight copy.  And all the memory was
allocated and was on word boundaries and everything.

Anybody know what could cause it to hang like that?

1. QSBlit question

I have a question about the order in which QSBlit's are done.  Are
they done in FIFO order?  Or in the order in which all of the blit's
in the queue get done the fastest?  I need to do a bunch of very small
blit's that are scattered somewhat randomly over the screen.  I'm
wondering if I should sort my blit's before calling QSBlit.  If they
don't get sorted by either me or the system, I could get (worst case)
only one blit per VBI.  Thanks in advance.

Robert

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

--
Robert

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

2. Front Page 2000 and Proxy