Amiga OS in `Byte' January 1991

Post by kam hung s » Fri, 01 Mar 1991 11:31:54

There is an article titled: `The Object-Oriented Amiga Exec' by Tim
Holloway in `Byte' Jan 1991.  It is basically a very high level
overview (a tautology, I'll bet) of the OS that others love to hate:
Exec.  Featured separately as a "Best Product for 1990" is the
`VideoToaster'.

I've noticed recently that `Byte' includes a token Amiga article every
month.  These articles often demonstrate how backward the PC-clones
and Macs are, especially when they refer to Amiga features which are
only otherwise available for a very high price.  I remember spotting
an article in a DTP magazine an article about the Mac with a sub-title
that sounded like, "Why can't your 68030 Macintosh perform animation
like the 68000 Amiga?"  The author concluded that for just $10,000
more, animation is possible!  Snicker, snicker.

Regards,

------------

Telecom Research Laboratories, P.O. Box 249, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia

1. WTB: AC's Tech January, 1991!

Hi, I'm looking for the January 1991 issue of AC's tech magazine. Someone told
me that it contained articles on wiring a nintendo powerglove to an Amiga, a
project I'm about to undertake. If you have that issue and would be willing to
part with it for a small amount of money, please lemme know. Also, there was a
program called "Powermouse" which came on a disk with another issue of the
mag. If you have that and would be willing to uuencode the prog (it's
shareware) and send it to me, I'd be indebted! =) Thnx,
_____________________________________
So long, and thanks for all the fish!

2. Scheduling Jobs on SGI

3. January 1991 BADGE Meeting Announcement

4. Extra on tth spectrum

5. Commodore's 1991 Annual Report

6. Slow network transfer

7. 1991 Computer Game Developers' Conference

8. FS: DC-150 tapes

9. Murph's VAPORWARE Column for November 1991

10. Murph's VAPORWARE Column for October 1991

11. Murph's VAPORWARE Column for August 1991

12. Murph's VAPORWARE Column for June 1991

13. 1991 Computer Game Developers' Conference