New Stunt Track Racer tracks on ab20?

Post by None Of Ya Biznes » Fri, 20 Sep 1991 05:53:27

I don't think there are any new tracks, I guess those are some record times
or something like that.

The dms file itself is only 842 bytes, not a lot of memory to cram tracks
in :-)

From the desk of...                 //     /
--------------------------------\\ //------
Malcolm Diallo Moore             \X/       \       I am Elmer J Fudd.
Computer Information Services  <---(YUCK.)  ----------Millionaire.------------
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities           I own a mansion and a yacht.

New Stunt Track Racer tracks on ab20?

Post by Jason L. Tibbitts I » Fri, 20 Sep 1991 04:13:27

I recently FTP'd the file stuntcartracks.DMS from ab20 in the
/incoming/amiga directory.  The file checks out OK, but what is the
process for getting the tracks into the game?

I used DMS to unpack the tracks unto a blank disk.  It seems that all
that appears is a standard bootblock.  (After all, DMS compresses the
track down to 54 bytes.)

Is the whole thing a joke?
--
Jason L. Tibbitts III  | Moderator: comp.sys.amiga.reviews

 Because We're Bored!" | Check comp.sys.amiga.reviews for submissions
Disclaimer: Opinions...| guide, disclaimers, etc.               Fnord.

New Stunt Track Racer tracks on ab20?

Post by Peter_Niel_Olaf.. » Fri, 20 Sep 1991 13:44:40

Sounds more like a saved-game file, which might allow you to compete on
the more difficult tracks.

New Stunt Track Racer tracks on ab20?

Post by Neale Ty » Fri, 20 Sep 1991 20:08:59

Quote:> I recently FTP'd the file stuntcartracks.DMS from ab20 in the
> /incoming/amiga directory.  The file checks out OK, but what is the
> process for getting the tracks into the game?

> I used DMS to unpack the tracks unto a blank disk.  It seems that all
> that appears is a standard bootblock.  (After all, DMS compresses the
> track down to 54 bytes.)

> Is the whole thing a joke?

the above file is used on a seperate disk and used as a save game disk,
then read from this disk from the 'load/save/replay' option, it should
then have all the tracks on this new disk with the 1 track from the .DMS
file..

Neale Type , Computing Service      ///   |   * Current UK Kickoff Champion *

1. Stunt Track Racer (A1200)

We were playing stunt car racer on linkup mode between two A1200s with no
problems at all.  The A1200s both had 030s in them as well.

Steve Mc.

                 L E A D I N G   E D G E   S O F T W A R E
                Hang                 | Current project :                    +

2. Proc Tabulate: justify class variables

3. XML Schema and mixed content question

4. STUNT CAR (TRACK) RACER II?

5. Network or dialup problems are preventing communication with Citrix Server

6. Stunt Track Racer

7. Pine Posting problems

8. Need information about Stunt TRACK Racer

9. More fun with Stunt Track Racer

10. Stunt Track Racer

11. any new track-mouse hacks????