Boopsi Image Question: can't get image fields to display

Boopsi Image Question: can't get image fields to display

Post by jamil.. » Mon, 19 Apr 1993 10:50:59

I have a question about the boopsi image class. The frameiclass is
supposed to support putting a frame around an intuition image,
correct? Well, I can get the frame but the image does not show up
inside. The boopsi frameiclass object is supposed to set up it's own
image structure. Yet the IA_Depth tag seems to be missing from the
attributes of imageclass. What is the depth set to and why is this tag
missing? The tags would correspond to the image structure as
follows...

structure Image {
        WORD LeftEdge;     /* IA_LeftEdge */
        WORD TopEdge;      /* IA_TopEdge  */
        WORD Width;        /* IA_Width    */
        WORD Height;       /* IA_Height   */
        WORD Depth;        /* IA_Depth Not! but you would think.  */
        UWORD *ImageData;  /* IA_Data  */
        UBYTE PlanePick;   /* IA_FGPen */
        UBYTE PlaneOnOff;  /* IA_BGPen */
        Stuct Image *NextImage;   /* missing, 1 image per object */
        };

Here are the tags I use for my frameiclass boopsi image...
UIMAGETAGS:
            DC.L IA_Left,0
            DC.L IA_Top,0
            DC.L IA_Width,16
            DC.L IA_Height,10
            DC.L IA_FGPen,2
            DC.L IA_BGPen,1
            DC.L IA_Data,UPARROW
            DC.L IA_EdgesOnly,TRUE
            DC.L TAG_DONE
Now here is an image structure that should hold the same data...
UIMAGE:
   DC.W 0   ;LEFTEDGE
   DC.W 0   ;TOPEDGE
   DC.W 16  ;WIDTH
   DC.W 1   ;IMAGE DATA
   DC.B 2   ;PLANE PICK
   DC.B 1   ;PLANE ON/OFF
   DC.L 0   ;NEXT
What is wrong with my tags I pass? I know it doesn't work because I
pass the boopsi frameiclass image in a boopsi (boolean) buttongclass with the
GA_Image attribute and all I get is the self rendering 3D frame. Any
help or Imageclass examples would be appreciated.
--

James Miller

_chicchai .sig no ho ga ichiban iin janai ka..._
             Enlightenment Happens?

Post by jamil.. » Wed, 21 Apr 1993 13:45:10

[...]

e-mail replies encouraged.
--
Matt Hey via his friends account...

James Miller

_chicchai .sig no ho ga ichiban iin janai ka..._
             Enlightenment Happens?

Boopsi Image Question: can't get image fields to display

Post by jamil.. » Sat, 24 Apr 1993 09:43:44

We're still waiting for a response?  Does anyone see what's wrong
here.  Basically we've used boopsi gadgets to render scrool bar and up
and down arrows and the image parts of teh gadget aren't rendering.
Any comments?

--

Post by Peter Cher » Sun, 25 Apr 1993 04:21:21

>I have a question about the boopsi image class. The frameiclass is
>supposed to support putting a frame around an intuition image,
>correct? Well, I can get the frame but the image does not show up
>inside. The boopsi frameiclass object is supposed to set up it's own
>image structure. Yet the IA_Depth tag seems to be missing from the
>attributes of imageclass. What is the depth set to and why is this tag
>missing?

frameiclass is an image which can size itself to enclose another
image, but it doesn't itself take care of rendering that other image
for you.  So you need to draw both the frame and the contents to get
the effect you seek.  The NextImage field can be useful in this
regard.

Boopsi images are a lot fancier than plain images, and may not use all
the fields of old static images in the same way.  You can expect
things like LeftEdge/TopEdge/Width/Height to mean what you expect, but
in the case of Depth, there isn't a well-defined meaning.  For
old-style Images, Depth told you something about the number of planes
in the ImageData, but frameiclass and other boopsi images don't need
to store ready-to-blit data in ImageData, they can use code to render
themselves.  Many image classes re-use ImageData for whatever kind of
data they expect.  For example, if you wished to make a boopsi image
class that drew a struct Border, ImageData might be used by that class
to point at struct Border.

     Peter
--
Peter Cherna, User Interface Development Group, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

My opinions do not necessarily represent the opinions of my employer.
"We reserve the right to substitute an opinion of equal or greater value."