Still need help with installation of DKB Insider in A1000

Still need help with installation of DKB Insider in A1000

Post by Damir Dardaga » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 02:27:01

Hello,

Unfortunately, nobody replied to my original post, so here are my
questions again:

I need to know where to connect two jumper wires (red and black) that
are soldered to the Insider board? What is a purpose of a small DIP
switch? Switch settings?

Also, I want to know if this board can be upgraded to accept more
memory? If I remember correctly, Insider II was a 2 Mb card.

Any help is appreciated

Damir Dardagan

Still need help with installation of DKB Insider in A1000

Post by Ross Vumbac » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:45:44

Hi,

> Unfortunately, nobody replied to my original post, so here are my
> questions again:

> I need to know where to connect two jumper wires (red and black) that
> are soldered to the Insider board? What is a purpose of a small DIP
> switch? Switch settings?

> Also, I want to know if this board can be upgraded to accept more
> memory? If I remember correctly, Insider II was a 2 Mb card.

There was a card called Spirit Insider that made some connections to the
mainboard, there is an install disk for this card at
http://www.l8r.net/install/index.html, and this disk has installation
instructions/pictures on it. This is a very long shot, but you could
take a look anyway since you don't have much other info.

Regards,

Ross..

--
*TO E-MAIL ME: Reverse the order of the domain name in my e-mail
address.*

Ross Vumbaca, a 'poor' Uni student at USyd.edu.au
http://www.fl.net.au/~rossv

Running on an Amiga 3000 (030/25), GVP Spectrum, 12Mb Fast/2Mb Chip, HD
FDD
SCSI HDD's (never mind their size), Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), OS 3.9,
Linux m68k 2.2 (Debian 2.2r0), C= A2065, GVP Spectrum.