Sound and CD audio

Post by Your frien » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi!

Does anybody know how to connect a CD-Rom drive to the audio output on
an Amiga 2000. This is to allow me to hear audio CD on my Amiga.

Thanks a lot Friend

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sound and CD audio

Post by Uffe Hols » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

 > Does anybody know how to connect a CD-Rom drive to the audio output on
 > an Amiga 2000. This is to allow me to hear audio CD on my Amiga.

You DON'T connect a CD-ROM drive with the audio output on your Amiga. You
connect the audio output of your CD-ROM drive to the audio input of your
amplifier, and if the CD-ROM drive also is connected to your Amiga via a
IDE/SCSI cable you will be able to control the playback from your Amiga.

The audio output on your Amiga is OUTPUT like the name says, not INPUT.

--
Uffe Holst

Sound and CD audio

Post by Your frien » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>  > Does anybody know how to connect a CD-Rom drive to the audio
output on
>  > an Amiga 2000. This is to allow me to hear audio CD on my Amiga.

> You DON'T connect a CD-ROM drive with the audio output on your Amiga.
You
> connect the audio output of your CD-ROM drive to the audio input of
your
> amplifier, and if the CD-ROM drive also is connected to your Amiga
via a
> IDE/SCSI cable you will be able to control the playback from your
Amiga.

> The audio output on your Amiga is OUTPUT like the name says, not
INPUT.

> --
> Uffe Holst

Would you sending me more infos, specifications, explanations,
details, ... and "technical map".

Thanks a lot

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Mixing two audio-channels was: Audio CD sound thru Amiga sound system?

                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Maybe it's a little bit OT, but I have my A4000 and a PehZeh (ouch! not so
hard) with stereo line-out, too.
I would like to mix both sources and listen through one pair of active
speakers _simultaneously_.
There must be a possibility to get them mixed w/o an expensive mixer (gauges
may not be a problem, as the PC's Soundblaster has a fadeable (?) output),
but I'm not very experienced in building electronic devices...  :-)
If s.o. may send me a layout or so I think I'll be able to manage it, though.
:-)

Thanks in advance &
   Gru?,

--

                     www:   http://home.pages.de/~kstr/       \X/

<tsb> no colors anymore  i want them to turn black

2. video compression

3. Audio CD sound thru Amiga sound system?

4. Ultimate Limits on Number of Users

5. Sound and CD audio on a2000

6. WTB: SFC

7. cd-rw plays audio cds but can't access data cds

8. Problem with "Blurb" in dialogs.

9. Mixing CD-audio and Amiga-audio

10. CD-AUDIO to AMIGA AUDIO??

11. Audio CD on CD-ROM?