NEC Multisync 3D Monitors - Any good?

Post by Jason Hutche » Thu, 16 Mar 1995 12:21:19

Hi,

I have an oppurtunity to buy an NEC 3D monitor for my A1200.
Before I do this, I would like to hear some opinions of this
monitor.  In particular, I would like to hear of any problems
encountered while using it, compatibility with Amiga screens,
and whether *all* amiga screens can be displayed full-size by
resizing them with the monitor controls (ie: little or no
borders).

Cheers,

J.

--
********  Mr. Jason L Hutchens  *********

* Check my home page to spy on our lab! * http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~hutch

NEC Multisync 3D Monitors - Any good?

Post by Dylan Moo » Thu, 16 Mar 1995 15:51:32

NEC 3-d monitors suck!!!!

but Ill buy it to save you the hassle...

: Hi,

: I have an oppurtunity to buy an NEC 3D monitor for my A1200.
: Before I do this, I would like to hear some opinions of this
: monitor.  In particular, I would like to hear of any problems
: encountered while using it, compatibility with Amiga screens,
: and whether *all* amiga screens can be displayed full-size by
: resizing them with the monitor controls (ie: little or no
: borders).

: Cheers,

: J.

: --

: *****************************************

--
NETRUN-9
c/o Dylan D. Moore

Post by Doug Warn » Fri, 17 Mar 1995 10:08:43

 HH> and whether *all* amiga screens can be displayed full-size by
 HH> resizing them with the monitor controls (ie: little or no
 HH> borders).

I have one on my A4K.  It will display all AMiga modes, but there are a
couple of negatives:

1.  Doesn't fill screen horizontally.  For example, in dblntsc no flicker,
I have 3/8" black borders each side, and then 3/4" grey screen color
borders that can't be used..  The active area, at max. overscan is 676
pixels wide, resulting in an 8 5/8" wide screen on a 11" wide CRT.

2. When switching between screens of different scan rates, it blacks out
for 2 seconds while resyncing to the new scan rate.  This makes switching
screens with L-Amiga-M esentially a blind process, the majot bummer with
this unit.
(I'd like to see a utility that makes screen swaps work like MS Windows,
where each alt-tab just changes screen titles in a text box, avoiding the
blackout until the desired screen is selected.

My monitor was only $200.00, but I would have paid twice that for one
without the above difficulties.

-- Via DLG Pro v1.0

Doug Warner, Sysop of Amiga Vortex BBS./  MAC's and PC's are OK,
(404) 962-8789  Voice: 963-5616       /  but I'll take an AMIGA any day!

Post by Warren Blo » Sat, 18 Mar 1995 09:27:54

: (I'd like to see a utility that makes screen swaps work like MS Windows,
: where each alt-tab just changes screen titles in a text box, avoiding the
: blackout until the desired screen is selected.

There is a utility on Aminet to do this.  I can't recall the name, but I
think it was a commodity.  Do a search on the index for "screen" in the
util/cdity directory.

*  Rapid City SD USA  *  Brought to you in majestic INEMASCOP!  *

Post by Wing On Wo » Sat, 18 Mar 1995 10:49:49

>I have an oppurtunity to buy an NEC 3D monitor for my A1200.
>Before I do this, I would like to hear some opinions of this
>monitor.  In particular, I would like to hear of any problems
>encountered while using it, compatibility with Amiga screens,
>and whether *all* amiga screens can be displayed full-size by
>resizing them with the monitor controls (ie: little or no
>borders).

All screen mode can be display.  I am using one now and feel
very happy with its performance.

Not all the screen utilities the full screen (I mean the whole
area of the Workbench screen is readable, lets say it occupies
2/3 of the NEC 3D screen).  The best mode I think is Super72 or
DblPal.  I am using DblPal.

Problem is that you have get a 23pin -> 15 pin adapter.

--
Ken Wong (Wing On, Wong)
This is calling from Hong Kong.....

Post by Brian R Turmel » Sat, 18 Mar 1995 11:00:15

>(I'd like to see a utility that makes screen swaps work like MS Windows,
>where each alt-tab just changes screen titles in a text box, avoiding the
>blackout until the desired screen is selected.

        Oh MY, I can't believe I just read that.  =(

Post by Adam Hi » Sat, 18 Mar 1995 19:55:54

: Hi,

: I have an oppurtunity to buy an NEC 3D monitor for my A1200.
: Before I do this, I would like to hear some opinions of this
: monitor.  In particular, I would like to hear of any problems
: encountered while using it, compatibility with Amiga screens,
: and whether *all* amiga screens can be displayed full-size by
: resizing them with the monitor controls (ie: little or no
: borders).

   I used to use one of these with an A4000. It will display all
amiga modes, but unfortunately you cannot re-size the picture
enough to fill the entire screen - in fact the borders are quite
large in some modes. Mind you, I think that this is true of many
older designed 14" monitors - most modern 14", and all 15" that
I've seen, let you expand the image all the way.

Adam Hill

Post by Mark Mayh » Sun, 19 Mar 1995 13:02:56

> HH> and whether *all* amiga screens can be displayed full-size by
> HH> resizing them with the monitor controls (ie: little or no
> HH> borders).

>I have one on my A4K.  It will display all AMiga modes, but there are a
>couple of negatives:

>1.  Doesn't fill screen horizontally.  For example, in dblntsc no flicker,
>I have 3/8" black borders each side, and then 3/4" grey screen color
>borders that can't be used..  The active area, at max. overscan is 676
>pixels wide, resulting in an 8 5/8" wide screen on a 11" wide CRT.

These borders can be eliminated if you're willing to take your life in
your hands and make some internal adjustments in the monitor.

Mark Mayhle

1. FS A3000 /w NEC 3D monitor and a NEC 3D monitor

A3000 /w FPU and MMU, 540 SCSI hard drive, 2mb chip ram and 8mb fast ram,
880k floppy drive, NEC 3D monitor, Vista Pro 3.0 /w software and manuels,
2.1 O.S., and load with other software. Asking $1200 O.B.O
Also a NEC 3D monitor asking $150.
Buyer pays for Shipping and handling.
--

2. CD-RFS on Yamaha

3. FS A3000 /w NEC 3D monitor and a NEC 3D monitor.

4. Installed Comm Ports

5. Class member funtion

6. Nec 3D multisync monitor

7. Network Question.

8. Comparing the NEC Multisync 2A and 3D monitors.

9. FS: NEC Multisync 3D monitor (U.S.)

10. FS: Nec 3D Multisync monitor

11. FS: NEC 3D MultiSync Monitor

12. WTB: NEC Multisync 3D monitor