MMU Programming info needed

Post by Jonas Minnber » Wed, 08 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I want to write assemblercode that uses the MMU but there seesm to be very little
information on the subject (unless youre willing to spend too much money on a
book)... Has anyone got any info about this (textfiles, sources, own experience)
it would be nice to read about it.

Thanks,

   /Jonas

Post by pel » Thu, 09 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>I want to write assemblercode that uses the MMU but there seesm to be very little
>information on the subject (unless youre willing to spend too much money on a
>book)... Has anyone got any info about this (textfiles, sources, own experience)
>it would be nice to read about it.

Check out the Motorola Reference manuals.

Michiel

MMU Programming info needed

Post by Simon Bro » Sat, 11 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Jonas Minnbergh? We have reason to believe that on or around Fri, 10 Nov
95 you did type the following:

> : >I want to write assemblercode that uses the MMU but there seesm to be very little
> : >information on the subject (unless youre willing to spend too much money on a
> : >book)... Has anyone got any info about this (textfiles, sources, own experience)
> : >it would be nice to read about it.

> : Check out the Motorola Reference manuals.

> Thanks but as I said, I don't have the money to buy expensive books.

> Guess I'll just have to disassemble the "CPU"-cli command and some kikstart-programs.

Guess I'll avoiding this program, then.

--

http://uptown.turnpike.net/S/simes/ \X/ develop something, it's amazing.

                     Amazing Developments - The Gathering.

Post by Jonas Minnberg » Tue, 14 Nov 1995 04:00:00

> : : >I want to write assemblercode that uses the MMU but there seesm to be very little
> : : >information on the subject (unless youre willing to spend too much money on a
> : : >book)... Has anyone got any info about this (textfiles, sources, own experience)
> : : >it would be nice to read about it.

> : : Check out the Motorola Reference manuals.

> : Thanks but as I said, I don't have the money to buy expensive books.

> : Guess I'll just have to disassemble the "CPU"-cli command and some kikstart-programs.

> i wouldn't do that if I were you -- you will not understand it. There are a
> few files on MMU-proramming on the Aminet, but there really is no substitu-
> tion for the Reference Manuals. Can't you borrow them, and then photocopy the
> relevant pages? The German magazine `Amiga' had an article on the MMU a year
> or so back -- perhaps you can still order a copy.

I did find a bit of text about the MMU on the 3000 on one of the
fish-disks. Problem was they just took a look at what the MMU-regs
contained and breifly explained the Translation-tables. It was not very
difficult, but I need to know the right way of initalizing the regs and
tables from the start.

I will try to borrow the relevant ref-manual if I can though...

/Jonas

1. Need MMU programming info for 68851,030,040

I have a Motorola Programmers Ref Manual for the 68k family
of microprocessors but the section on MMU's only covers the
instructions by listing them in a table with no real explanation.

Does anyone know anywhere on the net where I cound download a document
explaining the use of the MMU instructions so that I could dabble
with some virtual memory on my Amiga.

I will be getting a 68030 and MMU soon (hopefully) and it would be a shame
not being able to program it.

Thanks
Justin...

2. PC Chipsets

3. MMU programming docs needed

4. SMC router problems

5. A2410 programming info. needed.

6. slow ssh connect

7. Need info on Typing Tutor Programs

8. Request for advice with Notepad delux

9. Need info on programming A2410 H/W directly

10. Amiga programming info needed...

11. A2410 programming info. needed.

12. Beginner needs programming info...

13. Need Help/Info on Amiga Programming?