Cadaver on 1200 !?!

Post by Thomas Clan » Wed, 31 Aug 1994 01:37:18

Greetings!

  I've been dying to play Cadaver for months now, and the recent
question about a level has piqued my tolerance level ;-)

  Has anyone gotten this gem to work on the 1200 (all I have is a Hard
Drive hooked up to it).  I've tried Degrader, messing about with the
Boot options, Relockit and combinations of all of the above--no luck!.

The first disk loads fine, and prompts me to insert the data disk (press
esc etc).  It starts to load and decrunch data from the data disk then
shortly after, it dies.

  Anyone know how to get this to work?  Any known patches? As a last
resort, someone with a hacked/cracked version?

Disclaimer:  Don't waste both your's and my time by flaming about the
request for the hacked version.  I have the origional, I _paid_ my dues,
you don't like, tough!

PS, a patch to make it HD installable would be a blessing (presuming I
can even get it to run on my machine).

Advance thanks,
 Thomas

Cadaver on 1200 !?!

Post by G MOR » Wed, 31 Aug 1994 18:17:06

> Greetings!
>   I've been dying to play Cadaver for months now, and the recent
> question about a level has piqued my tolerance level ;-)
>   Has anyone gotten this gem to work on the 1200 (all I have is a Hard
> Drive hooked up to it).  I've tried Degrader, messing about with the
> Boot options, Relockit and combinations of all of the above--no luck!.
>   Anyone know how to get this to work?  Any known patches? As a last
> resort, someone with a hacked/cracked version?

   Is this the newly released budget version or the original? I see
that theres a budget release in shops right now which includes 'The
Payoff' add-on disk and the systems listed on the box include the
A1200.

   Are you saying this doesn't work on the A1200? I hope not, as I
was looking forward to buying the game.....

gavan
--

Cadaver on 1200 !?!

Post by Thomas Clan » Thu, 01 Sep 1994 02:00:37

* >   Has anyone gotten this gem to work on the 1200 (all I have is a Hard
* > Drive hooked up to it).  I've tried Degrader, messing about with the
* > Boot options, Relockit and combinations of all of the above--no luck!.

* >   Anyone know how to get this to work?  Any known patches? As a last
* > resort, someone with a hacked/cracked version?

*    Is this the newly released budget version or the original? I see
* that theres a budget release in shops right now which includes 'The
* Payoff' add-on disk and the systems listed on the box include the
* A1200.

Nope, 'tis the origional blue diskettes with hard to read RED printing
on it (in PAL, too!). How much for the budget? I wonder would they
(company) be willing to swap with me?

*    Are you saying this doesn't work on the A1200? I hope not, as I
* was looking forward to buying the game.....

Yes, It refuses to work on the 1200 (though I've the origional, not the
"budget").  If anyone picks up the budget, would they be kind enough to
forward me a copy so that I can get on with my life. =-)

Thomas

Cadaver on 1200 !?!

Post by Simon Aust » Thu, 01 Sep 1994 19:29:00

: Greetings!

:   I've been dying to play Cadaver for months now, and the recent
: question about a level has piqued my tolerance level ;-)

:   Has anyone gotten this gem to work on the 1200 (all I have is a Hard
: Drive hooked up to it).  I've tried Degrader, messing about with the
: Boot options, Relockit and combinations of all of the above--no luck!.

: The first disk loads fine, and prompts me to insert the data disk (press
: esc etc).  It starts to load and decrunch data from the data disk then
: shortly after, it dies.

:   Anyone know how to get this to work?  Any known patches? As a last
: resort, someone with a hacked/cracked version?

The recently released budget version works on a 1200 and you get the extra
levels as well. I've never managed to get the old version to work and I
had the same problems you had.

--
+-+ Simon Austin +-+ Student Awards +-+ University of East London +-+

| `Hold tight and think of Lancashire Hotpot, Gromit' - Wallace \X/ |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Cadaver on 1200 !?!

Post by Thomas Clan » Fri, 02 Sep 1994 01:14:41

* and wouldn't be interested in original buyers. If you sent the game
* back to the bitmap bros (now Renegade) they _might_ send you a
* compatible new version......

Is there address the same as printed on the box?

Image Works, Irwin House
118 Southwark Street
London
SE1 OSW

FAX 071 583 3494

(I've no way to confirm this, I live in Canada)

Thanks,
 Thomas

Cadaver on 1200 !?!

Post by G MOR » Fri, 02 Sep 1994 17:10:27

> * and wouldn't be interested in original buyers. If you sent the game
> * back to the bitmap bros (now Renegade) they _might_ send you a
> * compatible new version......
> Is there address the same as printed on the box?
> Image Works, Irwin House
> 118 Southwark Street
> London
> SE1 OSW
> FAX 071 583 3494

   No, Image works went out of business a long time ago along with
Mirrorsoft. The Bitmap Bros set up a new software house called
Renegade , but I don't have any addresses for them. Somebody should
be able to help.

gavan

--

Cadaver on 1200 !?!

Post by ML Hewi » Wed, 28 Sep 1994 22:46:31

:    No, Image works went out of business a long time ago along with
: Mirrorsoft. The Bitmap Bros set up a new software house called
: Renegade , but I don't have any addresses for them. Somebody should
: be able to help.

This isn't quite correct - Bitmaps didn't set up Renegade but were the key
developers for them (Renegade had a new deal for programmers - promoting
them instead of Renegade and paying them a fairer deal or something).

Anyway Cadaver has recently been rereleased on budget by Kixx including the
data disk and may be 1200 compatible as some recent budget rereleases have
been made 1200 compatible (eg Robocop3, and Jimmy Whites Snooker) so phone
up Kixx to find out. I'll find the number if you need it.

--

MLH-MLH-MLH-MLH-MLH-MLH-MLH-MLH-MLH-MLH-MLH-MLH-MLH-MLH-MLH-MLH-MLH-MLH-MLH--
------------------|A| "Oto-san wa honto ni Tengo desu ka?"