Looking for Xspecs-3D and programming info

Looking for Xspecs-3D and programming info

Post by Charles Hym » Wed, 12 Jun 1991 09:51:02

Does X-Specs 3d exist as a product, and/or does Haitex Resources Inc.
exist as a company? I want to build a Virtual reality instalation. I
would be willing to buy a set of X-Specs used IF they came with
sufficient info on programming them.
On second thought,, if you have a set, and are willing to sell them, I
could negotiate with you regardless of any docs you might have.
And, if you have no glasses, but have programming docs, I would love
to work something out with you.

Charles Hymes

Post by Raymond S. Bra » Wed, 12 Jun 1991 13:24:05

> Does X-Specs 3d exist as a product, and/or does Haitex Resources Inc.
> exist as a company? I want to build a Virtual reality instalation. I
> would be willing to buy a set of X-Specs used IF they came with
> sufficient info on programming them.

No they don't, but here's what you need to know.

The shutters (lenses) are controlled by the transition of the control line. A
low-to-high will close (darken) one side and open the other; a high-to-low will
close the other side. If no transition occures for a long period of time both
shutters open.

The control line is usually the "fire button" line of the second joystick port.

The glasses do not work well with long-persistence[sp?] monitors, Flicker
Fixers, or Commodore Display Enhancers.

> On second thought,, if you have a set, and are willing to sell them, I
> could negotiate with you regardless of any docs you might have.
> And, if you have no glasses, but have programming docs, I would love
> to work something out with you.

> Charles Hymes

                                                rsbx

  Commodore-Amiga Engineering           ...!uunet!cbmvax!rsbx
  1200 Wilson Drive                     (215)-431-9100
  West Chester PA 19380                 "Looking"
        What if Commodore held a DevCon and nobody showed up?

Post by John Schul » Fri, 14 Jun 1991 16:52:54

>> Does X-Specs 3d exist as a product, and/or does Haitex Resources Inc.
>> exist as a company? I want to build a Virtual reality instalation. I
>> would be willing to buy a set of X-Specs used IF they came with
>> sufficient info on programming them.
>No they don't, but here's what you need to know.

  Yes they do exist (X-Specs and Haitex). Haitex can be reached at
(803) 881-7518. X-Specs are still available and new products are on the
way. Virtual Reality has resurrected interest in the product.

Quote:>The control line is usually the "fire button" line of the second joystick port.

  Pin 6 (0xbfe001 in ciaa, see the Amiga Hardware Manual for details), is
configured as an output. The bit is toggled during vertical blanking to
flip the glasses (VERTB or COPPER interrupt).

Quote:>The glasses do not work well with long-persistence[sp?] monitors, Flicker
>Fixers, or Commodore Display Enhancers.

  The glasses do not work well with slow-decay phosphor or LC displays. They
will not work with the Microway FlickerFixer. They work *great* with the
Commodore Display Enhancer [as long as the interlace bit is disabled].
If you write your own copper lists and don't use the "interlace trick" to get
3D, you'll have no problems. Remember my 3D multiplayer dogfight simulator
I showed at DevCon Atlanta, running on two A3000s with de-interlacers enabled?

Quote:>> On second thought,, if you have a set, and are willing to sell them, I
>> could negotiate with you regardless of any docs you might have.
>> And, if you have no glasses, but have programming docs, I would love
>> to work something out with you.

  You can buy a brand new pair from Haitex. They're giving the Amiga market
another shot.

   John

Looking for Xspecs-3D and programming info

Post by Charles Hym » Sat, 15 Jun 1991 03:58:59

I HAVE NEVER USED OR PROGRAMMED A SET OF X-SPECS
that said, here is some of what I know about them and Hiatex, the
manufactuer.

Hiatex has moved to South Carolina.
Thier address is
Hiatex Resources
PO box 20609
Charleston SC 29413-0609

But they are really in Mount Pleasant South Carolina
Thier phone is
Voice:  1-803-881-7518
Fax:BBS 1-803-881-7522 (I have not called this number)

I talked to Shaun Glisson, and he said:
Hiatex is still making X-Xpecs for
Amiga   with a interface box software,and devo kit,
Nintendo bare
and OEM for several companies.

X-specs will work on a A3000, but not in any non-interlace mode. The
X-Specs software are not 2.0 compatable, but they might work anyway.

You can buy a set from them for $125 or (an old version) from Creative
Computers for  94.95;
The Devo Kit is $50 and is back orderd, it allows you to control the
specs and do memory management, but the mathematical software for the
generation of steroscopic images is not available (but will be... sure).
They also send some goodies like a tech report from a sigraph, and
references to other articles.

Finally, several people, including myself, are working on X-Specs
projects, if you are too, or did in the past, or are considering it
for the future, email me, and we all can compare notes and share info.

Charles Hymes

Post by Jerry Thomps » Thu, 20 Jun 1991 03:21:06

>> Does X-Specs 3d exist as a product, and/or does Haitex Resources Inc.
>> exist as a company? I want to build a Virtual reality instalation. I
>> would be willing to buy a set of X-Specs used IF they came with
>> sufficient info on programming them.

>No they don't, but here's what you need to know.

>The shutters (lenses) are controlled by the transition of the control line. A
>low-to-high will close (darken) one side and open the other; a high-to-low will
>close the other side. If no transition occures for a long period of time both
>shutters open.

>The control line is usually the "fire button" line of the second joystick port.

Great!  Now, tell me again how we control the fire button line of the second
joystick port?

--
Jerry Thompson                 |     // checks  ___________   | "I'm into S&M,
I loved the peace and solitude | \\ //   and    |    |    |   |  Sarcasm and

1. Xspecs-3D

ok guys,
now that i have an A1200, i discovered my Xspecs3D software
doesn't work with it!!!!!!

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Does anyone knows where i can get an update??? :/

thanks!!!

  .---'\/\/\/`--- - -  -    -      -       -      -    -  - - ---'\/\/\/`---.

  `----------[  Imagination is more important than knowledge...  ]----------'

2. .Net FrameWork Installation

3. Good Info for 3D Programming..

4. FAQ about PLOTYY

5. Looking for games/programs that use the Sega 3D glasses (from master system)

6. bBrowser, bArrayserver, MSWord

7. WANTED: XSPECS 3D GLASSES FROM HAITEX

8. Any XSPECS 3D software available ?????

9. XSpecs 3D

10. Looking for A2000 Wildfire H/W programming info

11. Looking for SAGE programming INFO

12. Xspecs info