1. Style, but not mentioned in the Guide
Fellow Amiga programmers,
It is definitely a matter of style how you do your error reporting when
a program fails. There are few questions I would like to ask from those
who have had more experience and have done a thing of this sort.
First, there is the matter of program start; when launched as a CLI/
Shell process, should the error message(s) be written on the CLI/Shell
window, or is the usage of requesters permissible? This is, of course,
a matter of style alltogether, but I would like to have opinions on this.
Second, when an OpenLibrary() call fails on a disk-based library, e.g.
gadtools.library or asl.library, is it correct to
SetIoErr(ERROR_INVALID_RESIDENT_LIBRARY), even when the libraries are
definitely not yet resident (yes, they are, but they have been opened
by some other program)? If not, what DOS error value should be used?
Thirdly, should the program in question output the DOS error message
(if any) using PrintFault() before exiting? If started from Workbench,
should the fault be reported with a requester?
Please do respond by mail.
[ High:Sapho:Superstition::::ELMHardTranceAmbientHouseExperimental ]
[ This posting is disclaimed by the Internet Disclaiming Authority ]
2. Compatability with Outlook Express
3. AmigaSoft not mentioned in the tech brief
4. Direct3D fire & intensity?? (was Re: Microsoft's OpenGL...)
5. RED SCREEN???, not to mention more!
6. Using M1E to host..
7. amiga games for soon to buy Amiga
8. Xerces C++
9. classic amiga games all originals ADVERT please do not open if your not interested
10. The not-Pathetic Not-actually-Experts and Legends of the Amiga
11. Amiga Mentioned/Maligned on Sci-Fi Channel "Mystery Science Theatre 3000"
12. Amiga / Cloanto mention on TechWeb
13. The Amiga Purchase Mentioned On CNN!