CATS email

Post by Adam Weiss » Tue, 23 Aug 1994 08:27:48

Hi there!

I just wanted to know the email address for CATS, if there is one.

I want to know if it's worth buying an RKM, or if I should wait for a new
version.

Ta.
Adam

CATS email

Post by Ralph Bab » Tue, 23 Aug 1994 13:08:49

> I want to know if it's worth buying an RKM, or if I should
> wait for a new version.

Joker.

CATS email

Post by Peter Kittel Germa » Wed, 24 Aug 1994 15:39:35

>I just wanted to know the email address for CATS, if there is one.

In the moment there is none, sorry.

Quote:>I want to know if it's worth buying an RKM, or if I should wait for a new
>version.

Buy the 3.1 developers update, you'll find everything you need in
file form.

--
Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel  // E-Mail to \\  Only my personal opinions...

CATS email

Post by Paul V Pu » Sat, 27 Aug 1994 14:41:12

: >
: >I just wanted to know the email address for CATS, if there is one.

: In the moment there is none, sorry.

: >I want to know if it's worth buying an RKM, or if I should wait for a new
: >version.

: Buy the 3.1 developers update, you'll find everything you need in
: file form.

: --
: Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel  // E-Mail to \\  Only my personal opinions...

How much is the 3.1 developer kit, what EXACTLY does it come with, how do I get it,
how long will it take to get it?

BTW Why don't they publish the 3.1 RKMs?

Paul V Puey             /\  _____  _  _____  _____ 4000/040
Electrical Engineering /__\(_ _ _\( \(  ___)(  __ \ Now THIS
and Computer Science  / __ \\ \ \ \\ \\ \__ \\  __ \ is Power!
at UC Berkeley USA   (_/  \_)\_\_\_)\_)\_____)\_\ \_)

CATS email

Post by James Coop » Sat, 27 Aug 1994 23:02:09

>: Buy the 3.1 developers update, you'll find everything you need in
>: file form.

>How much is the 3.1 developer kit, what EXACTLY does it come with, how do I get it,
>how long will it take to get it?

"How much is the 3.1 developer kit?"  and  "How long will it take to get
it?"

I don't know what Hirsch & Wolf want for it, perhaps someone else can
tell you that (or you could just ask when you call to order it :-).  The
US price (when it was still available in the US) was $30.00 + $5.00 S&H.

        Hirsch & Wolf oHG
        Attn: Hans-Helmut Hirsch
        Mittelstr. 33
        5450 Neuwied 1
        Germany

        Fax: ++49-2631-23878
        Tel: ++49-2631-24485
        UUCP: cbmger!carla!hhhirsch

It shouldn't take too long to get it from Germany, and, since that is
your only option...

"what EXACTLY does it come with?"

Here's a copy of the details that were posted when this package became
available.  The date I captured the details from BIX was 28-Jan-94.

V3.1 Amiga Developer Update Disk Set, P/N:  AMDEV3.1            $30.00

        This new 5-disk must-have set includes:

        Docs - V40.15 Autodocs, and articles/notes about V38/V39/V40
        Includes & Libs - V40.15 C and assembler include files and linker libs
        Examples1 - General library examples including Locale, plus PCMCIA
        Examples2 - IFF modules and examples, Datatypes, AmigaGuide
        SWToolkit3 - The latest Amiga debugging tools

Also included is a new SetPatch for V37 which adds better ExAll emulation,
and the current (as of 15-Dec-93) V40 SetPatch for V38 and higher systems.
Note that the 40.15 exec.doc autodoc has been updated to have the correct
prototype for CheckIO.  The 3.1 Amiga Developer Update materials can be
used when developing for any Amiga OS version since they include the earlier
structures and function autodocs.  A new Readme called Using_Amiga_Includes
provides some tips on developing for earlier releases.

Quote:>BTW Why don't they publish the 3.1 RKMs?

Maybe because:

        1) They haven't been written yet.
        2) Until someone buys them, Commodore US can't so much as mail a
           letter, much less write, publish, and sell new books...

--
---------------
Jim Cooper

Any opinions expressed herein are mine (Mine, all mine!  Ha, ha, ha!),
and not necessarily those of my employer.

Remember, "Euphemisms are for the differently brained."

CATS email

Post by Peter Kittel Germa » Sat, 27 Aug 1994 20:35:48

>: Buy the 3.1 developers update, you'll find everything you need in
>: file form.

>How much is the 3.1 developer kit, what EXACTLY does it come with, how do I get it,
>how long will it take to get it?

This is all covered in the Amiga FAQ, posted here frequently. In short:
you can get it either from Hirsch&Wolf (Germany, phone 0049/2631/83990,
they speak English, ship to the whole world and accept credit cards),
or from Commodore UK.

Quote:>BTW Why don't they publish the 3.1 RKMs?

Too few people, too little time, too little money, at least until now.

--
Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel  // E-Mail to \\  Only my personal opinions...

CATS email

Post by Oliver Kas » Sun, 28 Aug 1994 05:54:10

writes:

Quote:> [...]
> I don't know what Hirsch & Wolf want for it, perhaps someone else can
> tell you that (or you could just ask when you call to order it :-).  The
> US price (when it was still available in the US) was $30.00 + $5.00 S&H.

>         Hirsch & Wolf oHG
>         Attn: Hans-Helmut Hirsch
>         Mittelstr. 33
>         5450 Neuwied 1

Important: The postage codes in germany have changed!

It should be now:
          56564 Neuwied

>         Germany

>         Fax: ++49-2631-23878
>         Tel: ++49-2631-24485
>         UUCP: cbmger!carla!hhhirsch

> [...]
> Jim Cooper

Oliver

Elaborate Bytes, Oliver Kastl            >> Home is where the heart is... <<

CATS email

Post by Heinz Wrobe » Mon, 29 Aug 1994 05:07:49

: >         Hirsch & Wolf oHG
: >         Attn: Hans-Helmut Hirsch
: >         Mittelstr. 33
: >         5450 Neuwied 1

: Important: The postage codes in germany have changed!

: It should be now:
:           56564 Neuwied

: >         Germany
: >
: >         Fax: ++49-2631-23878
: >         Tel: ++49-2631-24485

I think the phone numbers have changed a long time ago, too:

            Fax +49 2631 839931
            Tel +49 2631 83990

: Elaborate Bytes, Oliver Kastl                  >> Home is where the heart is... <<

--

My private FAX: +49 89 850 51 25, I prefer email