OS Interleaved Display

Post by Neil McGi » Fri, 18 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone have ANY example code for opening an interleaved
screen.

Im currently allocating a bitmap with the BF_INTERLEAVED flag - but
not getting the correct results.

Neil

OS Interleaved Display

Post by Christopher Na » Sun, 20 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>Does anyone have ANY example code for opening an interleaved
>screen.
>Im currently allocating a bitmap with the BF_INTERLEAVED flag - but
>not getting the correct results.

#define SA_Interleaved  (SA_Dummy + 0x0022)
         /* New for V39:
          * Boolean tag requesting that the bitmap
          * allocated for you be interleaved.
          * (Defaults to FALSE).
          */

 /_ /_ /\ Reg. Amiga Developer      > WWW: http://www.powertech.no/~christon/
__/__//_/ Fusing the clear threat!  < IRC: KarmaComa

1. Converting interleaved bitmaps to non-interleaved

  The Amiga hardware likes bitmaps interleaved, one whole bitplane at a
time.  When you need to set individual pixels, though, there seems to be a
relatively high overhead in using intearleaved bitplanes.  In an 8 bits
depth bitmap, for instance, 8 write-accesses (plus some bit manipulations)
are needed if the bitplanes are interleaved and just one if not.

  I am working on an application that needs to set individual pixels in an
image (that is not displayed), which is sometimes 24 bits in depth.  Since
IFF ILBM data is interleaved, I would have to either convert the data to
non-interleaved at load time and to interleaved at save time, or use some
highly optimized setpixel/getpixel routines (maybe converting a scanline at
a time would be helpful?).

  I would like to hear about any suggestions, either on how to convert
to/from non-interleaved or how to set pixels efficiently.  This problem has
probably appeared for some of you before, and sorry if I'm asking something
already discussed here.  Thanks for any help.

  Bruno.

-----------
Bruno Costa - Computer Engineer & Amiga free-lance programmer/writer

Rio de Janeiro - RJ 22440         //
BRAZIL (Yes, South America!)    \X/ "Cause I'm no database junkie!"
-----------

2. How to programm the Infrared Device?

3. OS Friendly Screens on Interleave mode

4. FS: Amiga 1000 System - Boxed and in Excellent Condition!

5. Interleaved bitplanes with OS?

6. Apple II community and others

7. By mistake deleted /etc/passwd file

8. Getting non-OS 15kHz displays to run on VGA monitors

9. Converting a display mode name to the display ID

10. Help 3000 Display Problem (Monitor Display ok, A520 not ;(

11. HD Interleave factor