Help: Amiga2000 Internal Clock

Post by JUNIOR_C » Wed, 02 Jul 1997 04:00:00

The internal clock battery for my A2000 is out and I would like to replace it
myself. Could someone tell me the location, the type of battery I need, and how
I would replace it (whether it is a simple remove and plug-in operation)?

     ----------------=====================================---------------
             The Long Island * Metro Mail Server
                                [516-221-5446]

Help: Amiga2000 Internal Clock

Post by Richard Birchal » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> The internal clock battery for my A2000 is out and I would like to replace
it
> myself. Could someone tell me the location, the type of battery I need, and
how
> I would replace it (whether it is a simple remove and plug-in operation)?

Hello,

The battery is located on the motherboard, underneath the drive tray.

The only special tools you need are a screwdriver and a soldering iron.  Touch
a grounded surface before handling any of the components.

Disconnect the drive & power cables, remove the drive tray (the tray, power
supply, and drives all come off in one piece).  Remove any cards.  Remove
screws holding down the motherboard.  Remove the motherboard.

Get someone to hold the motherboard in a vertical position on a table.  Melt
the solder on the backside of the motherboard for one of the battery leads;
pull the battery lead through.  Repeat with the other lead.  Make note of the
battery orientation (mark a "+" on the motherboard?)

You now have the old battery in your hand.  Take it to a PC shop and get a
replacement (I found mine at Radio Shack!).

Get your friend to hold up the board again.  Melt the solder and push one lead
through, repeat with the other lead.

Install motherboard.  Push down on all socketed chips, one of them may have
come loose (as in my case).  Button everything back up, turn on the Amiga, and
set the clock.

Have a beer!

Regards,

Richard

1. Internal Clocks - Help

Well apparently a major crash (Or somthing)
ended up "messing" with my internal clock.

setclock reset Dos not do anything.
Chronos does not seem to fix it.

What else is there?
.

--

The only thing that Apple invented is the idea to borrow Xerox-invented ideas.
(Hope THIS sig don't insult anyone!)   :^)

2. Urgently Need PeopleSoft Business Process Consultant in Chicago IL with my direct client

3. HELP! INTERNAL CLOCK FAILURE!

4. SN#9820 JFluid Project Releases Java[TM] Programming Language Profiling Tool

5. Internal clock not functioning. HELP

6. Christmas in July Sale! Dr.Feelgoods"CRAZY"C=Sales! 7/25/97 C=64/128/Amiga

7. Internal clock not functioning. HELP!

8. Retrieving Auto-increment index after insertion.

9. HELP, HELP, HELP my AMIGA2000 is being DEATH

10. Internal modem in Amiga2000

11. A4000 internal clock

12. Mad internal clock ??

13. 3000 internal clock