AmigaDOS VS Windows

Post by Jarkko Lindbl » Fri, 05 Feb 1993 17:10:37

Quote:> So, since the latest Windows version is 3.1, and the latest AmigaDOS
> version is 3.0, that means Windows is better than AmigaDOS due to the
> extra '.1' Windows has, right??

How about using the internal version numbers....how does 39.something
sound to you? :-)

Quote:> JUST JOKING.

Sure sure. :-)

--
Jarkko Lindblad         | sleep my friend and you will see

------------------------| they keep me locked up in this cage
          - MetallicA - | can't they see it's why my brain say rage

AmigaDOS VS Windows

Post by Reiner B. N » Fri, 05 Feb 1993 22:23:59

Quote:>So, since the latest Windows version is 3.1, and the latest AmigaDOS
>version is 3.0, that means Windows is better than AmigaDOS due to the
>extra '.1' Windows has, right??
>JUST JOKING.

This depends to your related machine:
if it has a MMU this is quiete right using real-arithmetic
but on a machine with no-MMU you have to calculate with
integers, so Windows 3.1 is as good as AmigaDos 3.0.

Literature hint: numbercrunching on real personal computers.

--

Intel outside ...
Germany westside

Intel outside ...
Germany westside

AmigaDOS VS Windows

Post by Tim Cicer » Sun, 07 Feb 1993 03:47:37

Quote:(Stephenson Daniel A) writes:
>So, since the latest Windows version is 3.1, and the latest AmigaDOS
>version is 3.0, that means Windows is better than AmigaDOS due to the
>extra '.1' Windows has, right??

Which naturally makes System 7 better than the two combined :).

(Not!)

AmigaDOS VS Windows

Post by Ian Kenne » Mon, 08 Feb 1993 10:23:57

>(Stephenson Daniel A) writes:
>>So, since the latest Windows version is 3.1, and the latest AmigaDOS
>>version is 3.0, that means Windows is better than AmigaDOS due to the
>>extra '.1' Windows has, right??

>Which naturally makes System 7 better than the two combined :).

>(Not!)

Oh! I dunno. According to the "version" command on my A1200 I'm
running V39 of the Workbench and Kickstart.

I'll let you non-preemptive guys get back to your squabbling! :-)

Ian.
--
-------------------------

A1200/85MBHD OS3.0 Yeah!
-------------------------

AmigaDOS VS Windows

Post by Tommy Lars » Wed, 10 Feb 1993 20:53:45

|> Oh! I dunno. According to the "version" command on my A1200 I'm
|> running V39 of the Workbench and Kickstart.
|> I'll let you non-preemptive guys get back to your squabbling! :-)

Yes, and you lucky guy is actually _running_ the operating system! Not spending
half the night _booting_ it!

:)

'I like the way your none pre-emptive multitasking sway.... Against your workbench
so grey.... taa DAA daa...'

(If you haven't heard that one before, It's by The Eagles...:)
--

  _/  _/     In times of stress, it is important not to lose ones head.
 _/  _/_/_/  M.Antionette.

1. OS/2 vs. Windows 3.1 vs. Windows NT vs. AmigaOS

Hi folks,

   Especially Jerry Shenkel as your mail always bounces...

   The financial community seems to have little grasp of the technical
graces of the current and immediately future personal computer
operating environments.  But they do exert a great deal of influence
over what succeeds in the "real" world.  What I read in the WSJ and
Investor's Business Daily seems to favor Windows 3.1 over OS/2 2.0 in
terms of success.  I would like to propose a rational discussion of
what people here think the chances of success for the various systems
look like.  And, without rhetoric, I would like to know what people
see as the technical strong points of the various systems include.
This can take place in a public forum or using email but it would be
nice if posters/emailers could refrain from the John Wayne/Ronald
Reagan syndrome when replying.  Thanks in advance.

2. XSLT equivalent to <xsl:contents/>

3. Windows vs. AmigaDOS

4. Is the HP1600 Worth the money ?

5. Windows vs Amiga Windowing Events

6. Sizing a File Server for Access Databases

7. TP7 vs Windows: Windows learns the meaning of the word respect.

8. APS Free EDA Newsletter Released Q199

9. Amiga vs. Windows vs. Mac for games

10. Amiga vs. Mac vs. DOS/Windows

11. Why AmigaDOS is less lame than Windows..

12. Predefined size for AmigaDOS window?

13. Opaque window movement under AmigaDos?