Will NI monitors work with a flicker-fixer?

Will NI monitors work with a flicker-fixer?

Post by Tomas Charles Will » Sat, 10 Dec 1994 04:58:20

I want  to upgrade an existing Amiga system that has a flicker-fixer
type video board.  Most new monitors are noninterlaced these days
and I  wonder if I  can use one of these NI monitors  with a
flicker fixer.

Failing that, can anyone reccomend a good 15" monitor for a A2000?
Brightness, as always, a plus.

thanks  1e6

--
Ciao!

Will NI monitors work with a flicker-fixer?

Post by John P Shee » Mon, 12 Dec 1994 06:42:02

Quote:>I want  to upgrade an existing Amiga system that has a flicker-fixer
>type video board.  Most new monitors are noninterlaced these days
>and I  wonder if I  can use one of these NI monitors  with a
>flicker fixer.

I don't think there's really such a thing as an "Interlaced" or "Non-
interlaced" monitor.  Manufacturers use those terms to tell you which
of those two modes the monitor does a good job of handling at a given
resolution.  The monitor really doesn't know if the screen is interlaced
or not.  A 1024*768 interlaced screen is really a 1024*384 screen which
is offset by half a line every other video field.
The real issues (which most manufacturers ignore in their adverti*ts
and packaging) are the scan rates and refresh rates that the monitor can
handle, and the resolution of the dots.  The resolution of the dots (dot
pitch) has no influence on whether or not a monitor can handle a particular
resolution, it only affects the sharpness of the picture.
To handle the output of a flicker-fixer, just about any multiscan, VGA or
SuperVGA monitor will do.  The only mode that might fall outside the
range of these is Super72, which has a 24 KHz scanrate, which is below the
28 KHz that many of these monitors bottom out at.
The flicker-fixed modes will have a scanrate of 31.5 KHz, and the refresh
rates will be 50 Hz for Pal, and 60 Hz for NTSC.

I would suggest that you get a monitor that scans up to 64 KHz so that
you can use high res modes at reasonable refreshes should you get a GFX
card or another system.

1. PicassoIV flicker-fixer stopped working! Help!?

Gidday, all...

I recently installed the Concierto into my PicassoIV, and
as soon as I did, my flicker-fixer stopped working!
It's in an A2500.  The cables ARE attached correctly, though
they were indeed a bitch to get on (it's like the Concierto
is just slightly too big for those cables).  I think one of
the pins maybe didn't have a good contact, and now it's no dice.

Any idea what's wrong?  I have the firmware (luckily) already
upgraded to 7.4.

If it is indeed dead, am I able to hook up like a 1084 to my
regular RGB output still, even with the module in the video slot
(I want that module to pick up the Amiga audio).

Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
-Darren

2. Voice communication via the Internet?

3. Will Sony 1304S Multisync Monitor Work w/ C= Flicker Fixer?

4. And the winners are...

5. Will this monitor work with a flicker fixer?

6. Any OTHER Bots? (was Re: Stiquito, A Small Nitinol-Propelled Robot

7. Flicker-Fixer and VGA Monitor on a A500

8. Routing to Message Queues

9. Monitor for Flicker-fixer???

10. Will A2320 Flicker Fixer work in A4000?

11. Does Flicker Fixer or CBM's deinterlacer work on a 4000?

12. Flicker Fixer works with MMR on Amiga 500 or not?

13. Using a CBM Flicker Fixer in A4000, does it work?