King's Quest VI Problem

Post by Doug Winsl » Wed, 20 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Lock up problem or am I supposed to do something? This is what I ask of
myself (and now you) when it comes to the King's Quest VI and I removed
the painting from the upstairs (in the castle). I've tried changing
chipsets, running no background tasks, not doing anything for 10
minutes just to see what may happen. Nothing. What exactly happens is
that I remove the painting (getting the nail or not doesn't change the
outcome) and re-hide behind the colume. The two dog guards walk up and
mention that the painting has fallen. I left click the text box away
and the one guard dog just behind the lead one takes two steps and
*BLAM*! I figured it might me my accellator board so instead of going
upstairs I want back out side and walked around, talked to people, and
after 10 to 15 minutes returned to the castle and the program hung
exactly in the same place. Any ideas?
                                                        Doug

 * Q-Blue 2.0 *  Howard Stern: King Of All Media

King's Quest VI Problem

Post by Peter » Thu, 21 Sep 1995 04:00:00

That's a bug, pure and simple. Fortunately, there is an alternate way to
solve the puzzle.

PO

King's Quest VI Problem

Post by Doug Winsl » Sat, 23 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Sz> Personnaly I hated the Amiga KQ6.  I felt seriously ripped off.  The
Sz> bug sucks, but it does not impare the ability to complete the game.

Oh agreed! After all those hours of `getting into'/playing the game I
hit this wall! Definately frustration to the highest degree!

Sz> Try and find something to distract the dogs.

Are you saying that the `fallen picture' isn't the answer to `calling
off the dogs' or I'll be wasting my time trying to distract them?

Sz> Good luck.

Thank you and understood...
                                                             Doug

 * Q-Blue 2.0 *  Howard Stern: King Of All Media

King's Quest VI Problem

Post by Doug Winsl » Sat, 23 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Pe> That's a bug, pure and simple. Fortunately, there is an alternate
Pe> way to solve the puzzle.

I sent the original post. Care to `throw a hint' my way?  :-)
                                                     Doug

 * Q-Blue 2.0 *  Howard Stern: King Of All Media

1. Will pay for King's Quest VI, Wing Commander, Alternate Reality.

I am a Amiga games collector and am looking for the following
games:

  256 color version of King's Quest VI
  256 color version of Wing Commander (for AGA machine)
  Alternate Reality(very old game)

For the first two I am ONLY interested in 256 color
versions. If they don't exist, please tell me.
If you have any of these games, contact me and
tell me how much you would part with them for,
and I will take them off your hands. I will
pay shipping also.  MUST be originals with
all documentation and fully working.

Thanks,
Timothy

2. insight core dumps- please help (addendum)

3. King's Quest VI Help

4. Windows 2000 Hang/Lockup

5. King's Quest VI Help?

6. Palm Emulator

7. King's Quest VI

8. UMAX 600P Black scans with drivers from Win2000 CD

9. King's Quest VI...Help!

10. does anyone know where I can download King's Quest and Space Quest games?

11. Space Quest 4 and King's Quest 5: Worth puttin down money for?

12. WTB: King's Quest 1, Space Quest 1