Warp Engine crystal upgrade

Post by Mark Henny » Fri, 20 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I have a 4028 Warp Engine in my 3000T and I want to upgrade the 68040.

I have the 40Mhz CPU and I bought a 40Mhz crystal and some weird
pin-adaptor I was recommended to get, but I don't see how the hell it's
supposed to fit.

From what I remember (I'm outside of my machine right now...;) the crystal
is on the lower left-hand side of the board, under the SIMM sockets at the
bottom.  Is this right?  If not, someone _please_ tell me what to do.

If anyone can save me the trouble and send a crystal to me, I'd be greatly
appreciative.  Let me know how much you want and if I can do anything in
return.

--

Sysop - the Phantasmagoria 1:2424/1313

Post by Damien Grov » Sun, 22 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> I have a 4028 Warp Engine in my 3000T and I want to upgrade the 68040.

> I have the 40Mhz CPU and I bought a 40Mhz crystal and some weird
> pin-adaptor I was recommended to get, but I don't see how the hell it's
> supposed to fit.

> From what I remember (I'm outside of my machine right now...;) the crystal
> is on the lower left-hand side of the board, under the SIMM sockets at the
> bottom.  Is this right?  If not, someone _please_ tell me what to do.

> If anyone can save me the trouble and send a crystal to me, I'd be greatly
> appreciative.  Let me know how much you want and if I can do anything in
> return.

> --

> Sysop - the Phantasmagoria 1:2424/1313

> .

why don,t you just buy the right crystal? i did for a 33mhz cpu then striped
a 40mhz off a dead video card and am now overdriving the 040 from 33 to 40mhz
note the crystals are available in 2 sizes you want the smaller size which is
made in both metal and plastic cases just call some dealers which advertise
in the ham radio mags and read the numbers off your existing crystal to them
this will let them get the size/form factor then tell them you want xx mhz
in that case size

Post by Mark Henny » Tue, 01 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>why don,t you just buy the right crystal?

Har har.  I _have_ the right crystal, but it turns out the old one is
soldered, not socketed, on my 4028.  I wasn't 100% sure where I should be
looking for it.  Now i have to get all funky with the damn board.

--

Post by Damien Grov » Fri, 04 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> >why don,t you just buy the right crystal?

> Har har.  I _have_ the right crystal, but it turns out the old one is
> soldered, not socketed, on my 4028.  I wasn't 100soldered, not socketed, on my 4028.  I wasn't 100% sure where I should be

looking for it.  Now i have to get all funky with the damn board.

--

Sysop - the Phantasmagoria 1:2424/1313

1. Wanted to Swap: My Warp Engine 4040 for your Warp Engine 3040

Hi,

I have a Warp Engine 4040 accelerator for the 4000. It has a 40Mhz 040
chip with heat sink/fan. 4 SIMM slots and the NCR SCSI-2 controller. I'd
like to swap this for the 40Mhz 040 Warp Engine accelerator made for the
3000. They cost the same, so I'd expect a straight swap.

Email me if you're interested.

Ian

2. Windows Settings

3. Warp Engine Crystal

4. WordPad copying and pasting

5. Info on Warp System (not Warp Engine or OS/2 Warp)?

6. Programming Intel 28F020 Flash EPROM

7. Upgrading Warp Engine

8. Excel/VB Query connection problem

9. Status on Warp Engine 060 upgrade?

10. Upgrading warp engine

11. FS: WARP ENGINE UPGRADE KIT 68040-40MHZ! $95.00!

12. 68060 Chip and Possible Upgrade on Warp Engine

13. Warp Engine Upgrade