1. Pace 56 Solo owners - Beta testers required
If you own a Pace 56 Solo modem, then read on...
I am in the process of porting Pace's 56 Solo firmware/flash upgrader
to the Amiga (previously only available for Windows). Although it already
appears to work without problems on my system, I need a group of users to
test it for me to make sure there are no compatibility or other problems,
before it is released.
1. You will obviously need to have a Pace 56 Solo modem.
2. An Amiga equipped with at least a 68020 and 2Mb free ram.
3. A backup modem or easy access to a PC capable of running the PC version
of the Pace 56 Solo upgrade package. This is necessary in the unlikely
case of the Amiga upgrader trashing your Solo (i.e. hasn't happened to
4. You will need to run the Amiga upgrader and report back to me with
any problems that your encounter.
If you are interested in beta testing the Amiga upgrader, please mail me
*directly* with the following information:
- Your name and e-mail address
- Amiga Model (e.g. A1200)
- CPU/Speed (e.g. 68060/50 + PPC 603e/240)
- Total Memory (e.g. 16Mb)
- Serial Port Type (e.g. internal, Surf Squirrel, Whippet, HyperCOM, etc)
- if using the internal serial port, specify which device driver you use
when using your Solo (e.g. serial.device, artser.device, etc)
- Current firmware version of your Pace 56 Solo modem (can be checked with
the ATI4 command via a terminal program)
|_|_|_M_|_\_,\__; |_| |_|
Amiga Developer |__/ http://www.nanunanu.org/~oliver/
Amiga F1GP Webring ==> http://www.nanunanu.org/~oliver/f1gpring/
2. SAS vs. 1.0 ?
3. WTB: Pace Solo U.K.
4. Establishing SLIP connection from command prompt
5. Blizzard 1260 & 56 MHz?
6. Best DB to sync from ODBC to Palm?
7. DEC RZ-56 jumper settings?
8. FS -- 56 KBS Modem $59 -- 7.1 GIG HD $303 -- 32 meg RAM $64
9. 4-Sale: ***AMAX II (v2.56) with 128K
10. 4-Sale: ***AMAX II (v2.56) with 128K ROMs***