Emulating an ATARI ST on an AMIGA 500

Post by gs.. » Sat, 06 Jun 1992 10:14:09

        Emulating an ATARI ST on an AMIGA 500 system

Reading through the FTP-SITES.TXT on "hubcap.clemson.edu", a reference to an
emulation of the Atari ST caught my eye. There is an application for ATARI
that I would like to try out, so I looked in the ATARI archive, but couldn't
find anything that looked like an ATARI emulator for an AMIGA machine.

Can anyone out there tell me if there exists such a programme in the public
domain, and where can I obtain it ?

With all the various enhancements to my AMIGA system, I don't feel like buying
an ATARI ST machine; after all AMIGA is better !

                                Regards to everbody on the network

                                        Rick Yuan

                                South Australia

Post by Christoph Stop » Sat, 06 Jun 1992 18:28:27

>    Emulating an ATARI ST on an AMIGA 500 system
>    --------------------------------------------

>[article cut]

>Can anyone out there tell me if there exists such a programme in the public
>domain, and where can I obtain it ?

There are two commercial ATARI emulators I know of:

1. Chamaeleon by by MAXON.
2. Medusa II by MacroSystems.

The Chamaeleon comes with a small hardware on which you've got to put the
ATARI ROM's. The Medusa II don't need's a hardware but reads the TOS from
disk. They both support hardisks and you may switch from Amiga to ATARI
( the emulators will stop if you switch to the Amiga side ). The Chamaeleon
is able to emulate 8 ATARI's parallel ( don't know who need's this feature ).
I don't know if they are available outside Germany/Europe and I don't know
the price.

Quote:>With all the various enhancements to my AMIGA system, I don't feel like buying
>an ATARI ST machine; after all AMIGA is better !

I agree :-)

Quote:

--
   Christoph Stoppe            +---------------------------------------------+

   0231/134038                 +---------------------------------------------+

1. Amiga 500, Amiga 3000 & Atari ST forsale

I have the following systems forsale:

     Amiga 500 cpu with
          mouse
          adram card (with 2.5 mb expandable to 3.5 mb)
          fatter Agnus chip (for 1 mb of chip ram)
          version 2.04 roms (will include ver. 1.3 if requested)
     1084s RGB monitor
     CLtd. SCSI Harddisk controller
     Future 500 sound digitizer

Asking $450.

     Atari 1040ST (1Mb of RAM)
     Atari SC1224 Color Monitor (with monitor stand)
     ICD SCSI Hard Disk Interface
          External Quantum 80 megabyte SCSI hard disk
          (in a small footprint case with fan and power supply)
     Omniswitch monitor switcher

Asking $350

     Amiga 3000
          25Mhz 68030 Processor
          5 megabytes of 32-bit RAM
          (enhanced chipset provides access to 2 megabytes of chipram)
     Built-in flicker fixer to display non-interlaced hi-res
     Internal Seagate 44 megabyte SCSI hard disk

Asking $700

If there are any questions about the systems feel free to e-mail me.  I
will not consider splitting any of the systems up.

*  them without my expressed written conscent.  * In an electric storm *

2. is there a way to go from ntfs to fat32?

3. Atari ST Emulating Software

4. Problem with Netmeeting - Help

5. War Games C64,Atari,Apple,Atari ST

6. private heap problem

7. Emulating IBM-PC on an AMIGA 500

8. Change the default POA(root POA) policy to bidirectional

9. advice please - Atari-ST or Amiga

10. Abandoning Amiga for Atari ST

11. Atari ST/Sparrow/Falcon (was re: Amiga Falcon)