Some good news - G3 PPC cards and 3D gfx cards from P5...

Some good news - G3 PPC cards and 3D gfx cards from P5...

Post by Stephen M Dow » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> In amongst all the news and discussion about the latest change of Amiga
> plans, don't overlook the latest news from Phase5 on their new PPC
> cards.

Aside from all the technical specs, I would be more interested in the
collaboration betwenn p5 and QNX. Check the Website.

Now, when I have the money, I know which horse I`m backing...

--
Steve Dowe _
       _  //   040/40 34M AteoBus/Pixel64

1. Some good news - G3 PPC cards and 3D gfx cards from P5...

Hi all,

In amongst all the news and discussion about the latest change of Amiga
plans, don't overlook the latest news from Phase5 on their new PPC
cards.

They are aiming to ship pre-ordered product this September (fingers
crossed they make the target, it'll be cool!). The PPC cards are 400MHz
G3, upgradeable to G4 once Mot release the parts.

Come with USB onboard, and SCSI options are now extra plugin modulkes,
offering wider choice (the cards have been reduced in price too), 2
onboard mini-PCI slots plus a thirs PCI slot for either mini-slot or
active PCI backplane.

Compatible with all Amiga 0x0 and PPC software (WarpUp plus H&P 0x0
emulator, by the looks of it).

They are also developing (for $175 pre-order price) the CybervisionNG
card.  This (by the looks of the specs) is based on the ATI Rage 128,
with 32M of video RAM and features such as full-screen DVD playback.

Looks like the Amiga NextGen is here in September ;-)

http://www.phase5.de/amiga/csb0799e.html for the info from Phase 5

( http://www.atitech.com/ca_us/products/pc/rage_fury/index.html for
( http:what I reckon their gfx card is based on).

Get your pre-orders in now!  (They only need 250 pre-orders for the gfx
card and other peripherals, and given the overhaul of the specs, it
looks as though people who have already pre-ordered shoudl do so again
to confirm what they want - pre-order by Aug 10th, receive goods
September 99)

TTFN,
Keith
--
http://www.BuiltWithAmiga.org            Member of Team *AMIGA* and ICOA

2. Urgent Requirement :: 10632 Sr C++/SNMP Developer

3. wtt: diamond monster 3d gfx card setup for amiga accelerator or amiga gfx card

4. What do do with 800 etc.?

5. G3 PPC card comming soon...!

6. Spreadsheets-search the web quickly with Search Spaniel

7. g3 ppc card comming soon...!

8. A somewhat different Autocad problem

9. 2 NEW GAMES w/ PPC SUPPORT and GFX CARDS!!

10. PPC/680x0 GFX RTG cards?

11. PPC or GFX Card?

12. FA: BVision PPC gfx card

13. WTB: Gfx card, Sound card, Accelerator for A2000