Gateway's big (non-Amiga) announcement

Post by Jason Compt » Fri, 20 Jun 1997 04:00:00

That big announcement that people mistakenly assumed would have something
to do with the Amiga has come out.

Gateway's newest Destination big-screen PC/TV now comes with DVD.

Yes, that's it.

--

Editor-in-Chief, Amiga Report Magazine       Anchor, Amiga Legacy
http://www.cucug.org/ar/                     http://www.xnet.com/~jcompton/

Post by Richar » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> Really moving along with Amiga info arn't they...  What is it now,
> going on 3 or 4 months sence they aquired the Amiga pats...?

> What would your best guess be as to when they (G2) mite come forth
> with some substancial Amiga news...good or bad...or are you as
> mystified as the rest of us.  Thinking here that your past insider
> experiance may see farther then those of us with out such.  Heck
> even a guess is better then none at all...even a rumour will stay
> float with hopes, where a silence well sink without a ripple.  :-)

> JGMH
> .

That's why I started my potential sales thread. I wanted an upbeat
discussion. All I got was sucky negative off-topic responses (probably
by people with a persecution complex). Nothing like keeping the positive
energy flowing.
8~)r

1. Here's the big announcement

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Amiga Inc. Announces "KICKOFF THE FUTURE WITH AMIGA?"

Strategic direction and future plans include new software technology, system availability
and Web site

London, UK May 15, 1998 Amiga Inc., a pioneer in multimedia development, today
announced plans to provide a new software architecture that will offer enhanced levels of
performance and useability for the Amiga community. Amiga will develop and license
software technology that offers leading multimedia solutions for the emerging digital
convergence market.

"Amiga has the opportunity to move ahead of the industry in setting standards to follow,"
said Jeff Schindler, general manager of Amiga, Inc. "By working closely with Amiga
developers and user groups, we will all have the opportunity to share in this exciting,
emerging market."

To build upon Amiga's legacy as a multimedia leader, the company announced Amiga OS 4.0
which is slated to launch in November of '98. Amiga OS 4.0 will have a new user interface
and support Amiga legacy software with an integrated emulator. Hardware developers are
already working on solutions for software and hardware backward compatibility with the new
Amiga architecture.

Amiga, Inc. also announced plans to unveil a personal computer that is an industry
standard architecture solution. The new system will provide a bridge to the next
generation of Amiga technology. The system is scheduled for availability in November with
a suggested retail price of USD$999. These systems will be available through Amiga
International.

Also available soon, Amiga Inc. will host www.amiga.com, the official web site for
developer news, information, and relations. Amiga International's site, www.amiga.de, will
continue to be the location for Amiga distributors and legacy product sales and licensing.

About Amiga

Amiga, Inc., is a technology company targeting the next generation of consumer operating
systems with a continued focus on multimedia. Since the introduction of the Amiga A1000 in
1985, Amiga has represented the embodiment of the efficient use of memory and hard drive
capacity, while pioneering industry developments in multimedia, 32-bit multitasking and
autoconfiguration. AMIGA led the industry in combining computer graphics, animation, and
film sequences with stereo sound known today as multimedia.

MEDIA CONTACT:
Bill McEwen
Amiga Incorporated

http://www.amigainc.com

Amiga, the Amiga logo, and Amiga OS are trademarks of Amiga, Inc. All other trademarks are
the property of their respective owners.

? 1998 Amiga, Inc.

 [My email-address has been SPAM-proofed. Remove _NOSPAM_ from my address.]

2. Help with stack overflow problems

3. ORGANIZE- DON'T ATTACK GATEWAY Re: Time to HURT Gateway really bad!!!!- legally

4. Serial communication MEX

5. Gateway/AOL-Transmeta Announcement Viewed by an Amiga Agnostic

6. Passwords

7. Is Gateway 2000 CEO talking 'Amiga' here?

8. playing sound files in dos622?

9. big, big, big, nasty, nas

10. FS: Removeable Hard Drives, NEW, non-OEM, non-IE, non-Gray Market

11. FS: Tape Drives, NEW, non-OEM, non-IE, non-Gray Market

12. FS: SCSI Hard Drives, NEW, non-OEM, non-IE, non-Gray Market