Adding RAM to an Amiga 500

Post by sasamic.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

I am new to Amiga computers. I have an Amiga 500 with 512k RAM, and the
A501 512k upgrade chip in. I want to upgrade it to at least 1.5 megs of
RAM. What is the easiest (and most cost effective) way to do this?
Removing the A501 is not a problem either.

Ken

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Adding RAM to an Amiga 500

Post by Peter Hutchiso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

--

Quote:> Hi,

> I am new to Amiga computers. I have an Amiga 500 with 512k RAM, and the
> A501 512k upgrade chip in. I want to upgrade it to at least 1.5 megs of
> RAM. What is the easiest (and most cost effective) way to do this?
> Removing the A501 is not a problem either.

A bit difficult as the majority of expansions for older Amigas have almost
disappeared. There is the Viper 520CD expansion which will add a
faster processor, IDE port, more memory and 3.x Kickstart roms in
one go. See http://www.powerc.com/

Peter Hutchison
http://www.blizzard.u-net.com/