Tape-Backup Device and Software?

Post by Dale Frame » Thu, 28 Sep 1995 04:00:00

What kind of Tape-Backup devices are available and "still" supported?  I was
checking out the new Iomega Ditto and other such devices for the PC...  Do any
of them work with the Amiga's SCSI or Parallel ports?  Also, what is considered
the better software for backing up to tape?  Thanks
--

Post by bro » Tue, 03 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>What kind of Tape-Backup devices are available and "still" supported?  I was
>checking out the new Iomega Ditto and other such devices for the PC...  Do any
>of them work with the Amiga's SCSI or Parallel ports?  Also, what is considered
>the better software for backing up to tape?  Thanks

        I bought a CCS T100 SCSI tape backup a few years back.  Anything SCSI
should work with AmiBack, this is the software I use.

Post by temp.. » Tue, 03 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>>What kind of Tape-Backup devices are available and "still" supported?  I was
>>checking out the new Iomega Ditto and other such devices for the PC...  Do any
>>of them work with the Amiga's SCSI or Parallel ports?  Also, what is considered
>>the better software for backing up to tape?  Thanks

>    I bought a CCS T100 SCSI tape backup a few years back.  Anything SCSI
>should work with AmiBack, this is the software I use.

Get a Dat Tape Drive System.  2 Gigs/4Gigs/8Gigs of storage on $10-20. tapes,
depending on how large of a storage you want.  I have a 2 gig dat drive
system myself, backs up 21 megs a minute and stores 2 gigs of files on it.
I use AmiBack, Quarterback will also work, but don't like it as much.

Post by John Veldthu » Fri, 06 Oct 1995 04:00:00

> > >What kind of Tape-Backup devices are available and "still" supported?  I was
> > >checking out the new Iomega Ditto and other such devices for the PC...  Do any
> > >of them work with the Amiga's SCSI or Parallel ports?  Also, what is considered
> > >the better software for backing up to tape?  Thanks

> >       I bought a CCS T100 SCSI tape backup a few years back.  Anything SCSI
> > should work with AmiBack, this is the software I use.

> I have a DAT which AmiBack refuses to back up to. Neither MRBackup nor BRU
> have any problem with it.

Hummm. I have a DAT as well and it works fine. Although it wont work on my
A2500/40 but then that has got about 8 SCSI things attached now.

---

PGP Public Key available  |  Virus_Checker      |2A 41 F4 EC 7C D7 D3 DC
                          |                     |57 DE 64 9A 4E 9E D3 E8

1. Tape-Backup Device and Software...

Hey everyone!  I have a friend who works at a local university and
managed to get ahold of a demo drive of the Jazz drive.  He told me that
they're planning to sell for around $549 with $90 for additional discs.
Nice!  But I just may give in to the Zip drive and swap my discs.....

                        -=>Greg<=-

2. Sharing SRV.EXE ??

3. Tape-Backup Device and Software?

4. GOOD NEWS for student programmer: VisualAge C++ 3.0 for only $149

5. initializing floats and doubles

6. FS TandenBerg 250 MB SCSI External Tape Backup Device : $100.00

7. VideoCD is like a box of chocolates...

8. FS TandenBerg 250 MB SCSI External Tape Backup Device : $75.00

9. WANTED:Ide Tape Backup Device for A1200

10. Backup devices (was: Re: VCR Backup)