clist.library?

Post by Tommy Hallgr » Sun, 20 Feb 1994 07:32:48

Hi there!

There is a library called clist.library, what does it do and does ANY program
use it? Is it still in ROM? Where's the AutoDocs for it? :-)

Thanks,
            o/~ Bye bye...
Mvh: Tommy <#  Amiga JForth + Power = if ." Yeah!" else abort" Error!" then

... Jesus lever! Nu endast 49 kronor per kilo!
--- Spot 1.2d #262

clist.library?

Post by Johan Lundstr » Fri, 25 Feb 1994 04:27:52

: Hi there!

: There is a library called clist.library, what does it do and does ANY program
: use it? Is it still in ROM? Where's the AutoDocs for it? :-)

: Thanks,
:             o/~ Bye bye...
: Mvh: Tommy <#  Amiga JForth + Power = if ." Yeah!" else abort" Error!" then

: ... Jesus lever! Nu endast 49 kronor per kilo!
: --- Spot 1.2d #262

I think that it is a string handling library (clist = character list).
No , I don't think that any program uses it. ( Well ,maybe one or two OLD
programs.)
It hasn't been in the OS for a LONG time now, I don't think it was there
in 1.2 and certainly wasn't present in 1.3 (although the .fd file was).
As for autodocs you had better find some really old documentation as that
is the only place you may find it.

clist.library?

Post by Albert Weine » Sat, 26 Feb 1994 04:25:42

In einem Artikel schrieb Tommy Hallgren:

TH> There is a library called clist.library, what does it do and does ANY program
TH> use it? Is it still in ROM? Where's the AutoDocs for it? :-)

The  clist.library  is part of Kickstart 1.1.  But in 1.2 and above it
isn't included.

+++Albert

Halt mich fest! Heh Mammi, ja bin ich denn ein Dummy?

clist.library?

Post by Vincent Pla » Sat, 26 Feb 1994 06:32:55

>: Hi there!

>: There is a library called clist.library, what does it do and does ANY program
>: use it? Is it still in ROM? Where's the AutoDocs for it? :-)

It's been phased out.  Too many compilers handeled those tasks on their
own.  Forget you ever heard of it.

--
"The perfect way is only difficult for those who pick and choose.  Do not
like, do not dislike; all will then be clear.  Make a hairbreadth

1. Shared library bases - a question about libraries

With the discussion about not sharing library bases between tasks I have a
question about the use of libraries inside libraries.
(Any library can open another library, right?(or else this is void))

If a library returns a different library base to every task then I see no
problems because when this library opens another library it should have
this base information on a per task basis.

But what happens when a library that doesn't return different library bases
opens a library that does? The #1 library will only hold one internal copy
of the #2 base, but #2 expects different bases depending on which task has
opened #1.

Hope I managed to get my point across.
--

|//  Box 218, 9001 Tromsoe, Norway        | Remember to :-) when needed   \\|
|/   The worlds northernmost university   | Life is worth living.          \|

2. IOzone V1.16 file I/O benchmark (long)

3. Developer info for req.library and midi.library, where???

4. Can SE read 800K disk as 1.4 meg disk?

5. Latest Arp.Library and Req.Library Needed (HELP !!!)

6. Final Call: BACUP: Verification, formal/physical, source link

7. Looking for "parm.library" and "req.library"

8. dimension text properties

9. Shared libraries & C library functions

10. Latest Arp.Library and Req.Library Needed

11. where can I get the library: mathieeesingbas.library?

12. gcc: libg++.library and libstdc++.library?

13. Lowlevel.library and nonvolotile.library docs??