RAM Requirements for Video Toaster

Post by Th » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

   Hi.  I am interested in purchesing a used amiga 2000 with 3MB of for
use in conversion to a toaster.  But I'm not sure of the RAM
requirements.  If anyone knows them, for any version of the toaster or

                           Thanks in advance,

                              Keith Polis

RAM Requirements for Video Toaster

Post by B E Veri » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I believe the minimum is considered to be 10MB. It might also be a wise
idea to see if you can get a 2MB Agnus enhancer board, available at
Software Hut, and Amiga Wharehouse, I think.

Good Luck TOASTERING!!

-----------------> RICHARD HAGEN <------------------
... "Cower beneath my multitasking MIGHT!!! " ...

1. RAM Requirements for Video Toaster

:
:    Hi.  I am interested in purchesing a used amiga 2000 with 3MB of for
: use in conversion to a toaster.  But I'm not sure of the RAM
: requirements.  If anyone knows them, for any version of the toaster or

:
:                            Thanks in advance,
:
:                               Keith Polis

Cheese,

3 megs will most certainly NOT do it. I currently run my system (Toaster/LW ver. 3.5)
on 10 megs and I'm just now getting to the point where I'm learning enough
to really USE all of it, and realizing that anything below 16 megs at minimum
is really unrealistic to do any actual, real work. Now if you plan on trying to
run LW or do any kind of multi-tasking with plug in software to run with your
Toaster or LW then you really, really need to know that you just won't be happy
without a minimum of 16. 32 is way more comfortable, but if you start running
with large objects and scene files you'll want to be getting as much as you can
possibly afford. 16 is reasonable though for a starter system, and 10 will be
enough to load up and perform basic operations to learn from. Hope this helps.
--
Help!! I'm trapped in a .sig factory and can't get out!!

CXC

2. 1084s Monitor (US - will sell to anywhere)

3. Wanted Amiga 4000 or 4000T with a Video Toaster 4000 & Video Toaster Flyer

4. Credit Card Acounts

5. Video Toaster system, also loaded A4000, SCSI drive, RAM, scope, ...

6. MVL vs. DSL

7. FS- Video Toaster 4000, AMIGA 4000/040 18MB RAM

8. IPAQ 5455 - is it really that bad?

9. OpalVision/RAM requirements?

10. FS: Video Toaster 4000, GVP SCSI, Toaster Oven Tower

11. Save $1000 on a new Video Toaster NT w/ your Amiga Toaster!