SWOS HD installer

Post by adam » Tue, 08 Oct 1996 04:00:00

can anyone tell me if there is an installer for swos
that will allow me to play it from the HD without needing
extra memory?

I have tried the ones on aminet but all need about 3 megs of ram
(which i dont have) or they just turn the screen black when i try
to run the game.

all help greatfully accepted
cheers.
ad

SWOS HD installer

Post by Alan L.M. Bux » Tue, 08 Oct 1996 04:00:00

On Mon, 07 Oct 1996 13:19:51 -0700 ,adam posted the following:

: I have tried the ones on aminet but all need about 3 megs of ram
: (which i dont have) or they just turn the screen black when i try
: to run the game.

just get a 4MB upgrade...only costs 25 quid

Alan

SWOS HD installer

Post by Anbjorn Myre » Tue, 08 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>On Mon, 07 Oct 1996 13:19:51 -0700 ,adam posted the following:

>: I have tried the ones on aminet but all need about 3 megs of ram
>: (which i dont have) or they just turn the screen black when i try
>: to run the game.

>just get a 4MB upgrade...only costs 25 quid

>Alan

I've tried all the versions of the Swos HD installers I have found on Aminet.
None of them seems to work, I have the original v1.1 disks.
My screen turns black to; and after a while it tries to load from DF0:
if it fails to do so, the led starts blinking, and I have to reset.
If I insert disk1 into df0: after the screen blanks, it starts loading,
and the game starts without asking for disk2, so it looks like part of the
game is loaded from the HD.

In my case this should not be a memory problem, I have 2 + 8 MB RAM in my
A4000/040.

Maybe all these installers I've tried are written for pirated versions only, cause
I know that there is a copy protection on disk1 ( one block that is longer/shorter
than amigados normally can handle,,, or something ) ????

I dont think it's my 040 thats causing the trouble, cause the game works like it
should form floppy ( although slower on the 040 than on the A500 ), and I've
tried to run Dtack, cache off, original chipset,,,, all combinations.

Anbjorn Myren, Norway, A4000/040

SWOS HD installer

Post by ad » Wed, 09 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> On Mon, 07 Oct 1996 13:19:51 -0700 ,adam posted the following:

> : I have tried the ones on aminet but all need about 3 megs of ram
> : (which i dont have) or they just turn the screen black when i try
> : to run the game.

> just get a 4MB upgrade...only costs 25 quid

> Alan

yeh, 25 quid for the ram and 2 million for the card to put it in,
and 6 months trying to find some shop that sells the things.
(not as easy as finding a pc shop, and the assistant's grin
as you ask for a card for a A1200..... condecending as ****)
        adam.
ps.
ever heard "oh, our supplier will be sending some next week. " ???
translation "oh, we dont sell that, go away"

SWOS HD installer

Post by Chris Handl » Wed, 09 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>> just get a 4MB upgrade...only costs 25 quid
>yeh, 25 quid for the ram and 2 million for the card to put it in,
>and 6 months trying to find some shop that sells the things.

Err - what about mailorder?  Thats where everybody gets Amiga h/w these
days..

--

-------------------------------------------------------sig v2.15 A---------
  //Amiga A1200/`030/40MHz/4Mb Fast ram |*Amiga - Back to kick-ass (tm):
                |Power Amiga - a high-tech * object <slobber> O;-)
                |The 1st PowerAmiga will be *MINE*!

SWOS HD installer

Post by Mike Bal » Thu, 10 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>I dont think it's my 040 thats causing the trouble, cause the game works
>like it should form floppy ( although slower on the 040 than on the A500 ),
>and I've tried to run Dtack, cache off, original chipset,,,, all combinations.

I think it is the 040 that causes the problem. Before I installed a A3640
board in my A3000, I could run SWOS from my hard drive with the 030. But
since installing the 040, it will no longer run off the hard drive, only
runs off of the orginal floppy.

Since SWOS will run off the floppy with an 040, it must be something in the
HD Installer that fails when using an 040.

Mike

--

Mike Balch

SWOS HD installer

Post by Anbjorn Myre » Fri, 11 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>Since SWOS will run off the floppy with an 040, it must be something in the
>HD Installer that fails when using an 040.

Hmm. I'll have to check this out then. Here's my (cunning:) plan;
I will install Swos1.1 into my brothers A500, using the latest HD-install program.
Then if it works, I will backup the Swos directory, and copy it to my A4000. If it
is the installers fault, this should work.

--
Anbjorn Myren, Norway, A4000/040, IRC: Anmy

1. SWOS HD-Installer

        I have read recently that a SWOS HD-Installer exist.
        Where can be found??
        I have v1.1 and I would like to install it on the HD.
        I would also like the 95/96 update.... :-)
        But not at full price game..... :-((

        Nacho

2. Help please! Ghost view PM won't print.

3. Swos HD installer ?

4. $15.99 eSens Optical Mouse - 5 button

5. AIMERAIS CORRESPONDRE

6. SWOS HD Installer?

7. JOT prob

8. SWOS HD-Installer? Anybody?