HiQ A500 Tower

Post by Stanley Kamins » Sun, 26 Apr 1992 11:57:37

I want to upgrade my A500 system, and was wondering if anyone has had
any experience with the HiQ A500 Tower kit. Is it any good? Any problems
with it?
--

GEnie: S.KAMINSKI             \\\///    --Spock, Star Trek IV
-------------------------------\XX/---------------------------------

HiQ A500 Tower

Post by Marc Rucins » Thu, 07 May 1992 22:10:08

>I want to upgrade my A500 system, and was wondering if anyone has had
>any experience with the HiQ A500 Tower kit. Is it any good? Any problems
>with it?
>--

>GEnie: S.KAMINSKI             \\\///    --Spock, Star Trek IV
>-------------------------------\XX/---------------------------------

Hello!  I pre-ordered my HiQ Tower from AmigaMan back on March 12, and I
still haven't seen it.  I have talked with both AmigaMan and Inovatronics.
Seems that there was some type of Amiga Expo in Europe about a month ago,
and Inovatronics packed up ALL they had and took it over there with them,
since the Amiga & Commodore is MUCH more popular over there, and sold
everything, thereby delaying all shipments in the states.  Besides, the
tower is made in England :).  They were going to have new stock, but made a
last minute change (again) to the MB.  These are the latest specs:
17" Deep, 8.1" Wide, 25.5" Tall, Ten HH Drive Bays, Three digit speed
display, Built in speaker, Room for two internal fans, 250 Watt PS, Four
A2000 slots, Three PC slots (2-AT, 1-XT), Video Card Slot, Accelerator slot,
and a key/lock for security.  Known to be compatible with ALL GVP HD Cards,
GVP Accelerators, Impactvision, Progressive Peripherals '040 accelerators,
Flicker Fixer, AT & XT Boards, & The Video Toaster!  The latest ship info is
the first part of May.  I will let everyone know when I get mine on-line!

1. HiQ A500 Tower

Does anyone have any experience with these? I too was lured by the low
price and features, but will it turn into another crummy A2000 expansion
slot that's not half compatable? The thought of saving money and having
the features of a 2000 seems very appealing to me....

                        -Andy Drake

 This is from

who doesn't have his (or her) own obnoxious signature yet

2. Wanted : Vectorizer for C program

3. HiQ A500 Tower expansion chassis

4. HELP! Pinline and ProBlock needed

5. HiQ A500 Tower or A2000?

6. My ISP has mySQL:how do I link to it?

7. HiQ Tower case for A500

8. How to disable BRK signal?

9. HiQ tower case for A500

10. HiQ Tower case for A500

11. HiQ Tower

12. FS: Amiga HiQ Tower *A2000 (Serious Buyers Only)

13. HiQ A500 or A2000?