1084....1084S.....Arghh

Post by Hughes L'Angla » Fri, 02 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I hate my 1084S... I've changed all defect part I could find in the power
Supply module, and Still, It doesn't work.

Symptoms: I turn on the monitor.. the flyback gives the Voltage to the
tube, (you can hear the sprinkles) and after? well I think there's
nothing.  Lik eif it was a burst... I've checked the connectors (2
wire-black (is there a direction with that wire??) and the other with 4
wire.. there's about no voltage at the 4 pin bordout... or only static
charges (capacitors, like when you put the meter, you see the voltage
dropping).  could anyone tell me hints?  No there's no audio when I try it...

best help would be schematics... if anyone could mail them :).  But I'll
appreciate anything... oh btw is
TIL
111
7913
A good replacement part for the optoisolator? because it looks weird when
I put anything on the "base" of the transistor (bypassing the diode)
something glitches in the circuit.. it makes a buzz....

Also When I Plug the power board I can hear a faint Dzzzzzzzzz....
comming from the big transo I think.... HELP!

1084....1084S.....Arghh

Post by Kortelainen Mi » Fri, 02 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>Symptoms: I turn on the monitor.. the flyback gives the Voltage to the
>tube, (you can hear the sprinkles) and after? well I think there's
>nothing.

I don't know if this helps at all but in my Philips 8833 I had problems
which were caused by bad (or broken) solders in line transformer.
After I resoldered them, the monitor has worked nicely. The symptom
was a disappearing picture (I guess that when monitor warmed up
enough, those bad solders lost contact).

        Mika Kortelainen

1084....1084S.....Arghh

Post by M. Scott Wil » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

My 1080 monitor began behaving strangely after I first used
Xdaniver (a NetBSD Amiga Unix X-Server).  The first symptom was a dark
displat the day after first use.  Then last, I started Xdaniver,
beganing using a remote xterm and "ZZZZIT" (actual sound effects),
black screen, and the little red light on the front of the monitor
goes out.  You can still hear the flyback voltage "sprinkles" as you
turn the monitor off or on, but no LED and no picture.

(Perhaps Xdaniver is a coincidence, but I mention it for reference, anyway)

I haven't opened it yet, but if the LED or other symptoms are
indicitive of a particular problem, direct email response would be
appreciated.

In comp.amiga.hardware:

>>Symptoms: I turn on the monitor.. the flyback gives the Voltage to the
>>tube, (you can hear the sprinkles) and after? well I think there's
>>nothing.
>I don't know if this helps at all but in my Philips 8833 I had problems
>which were caused by bad (or broken) solders in line transformer.
>After I resoldered them, the monitor has worked nicely. The symptom
>was a disappearing picture (I guess that when monitor warmed up
>enough, those bad solders lost contact).

I had a similar experience with an old Sears TV.  Vertical deflection
went out, and it turned out to be a cold solder joint.  If nothing
else, I'll try that.

Scott

1084....1084S.....Arghh

Post by Michael Shob » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Is there sound if you boot a game that has sound?  I've had several 1084
monitors that had cold solder joints on the flyback transformer connection to
the circuit board.  It's easy to fix if that's the problem but don't try it if
you don't know any thing about trons or you could get quite a shock!!

There are components in the monitor that will hold a charge for weeks enen
months after the monitor has been unplugged.

1. Amiga 1084 and 1084s What's the diff?

I am a new Amiga user looking to purchase a monitor.  In the process
of looking for one, I have come upon a problem.  I am looking at
buying a 1084 monitor, but I see there is a 1084s version.  What is
the difference if any?  If anyone could help an Amiga newbie, I would
really appreciate it.  Thanks!

Daryl Brouwer        Calvin Video Network      Vox: 616-957-6999
General Manager      3201 Burton St. SE        Fax: 616-957-8551

2. Stop users from viewing printers of others?

3. WTB: 1084 1084S or 2002 Amiga monitor

4. Other SCAN-Utility for ARTEC AT3 ??

5. FS/T: C= 1084 + 1084s RGB Monitors

6. hmm

7. FS: 1084+1084S Monitors

8. *URGENT* where do I get fonts??

9. wanted C=1084 or 1084S monitor

10. anyone selling a 1084 monitor or 1084s

11. WTB 1080, 1084, 1084S monitor

12. WTB: 1084 or 1084S Monitor