Meyer finally admits Amithlon runs using Linux kernel

Post by SG » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 13:00:46

> Amithlon calculates the value of the host processor's cycle
> counter at that time and instructs the modified linux kernel
> to use its high precision timers to send a signal at that moment.

Then why the heck did you argue with me when I pointed out that
Linux, not AOS, is what controls Amithlon?

Linux, and Linux alone controls the multitasking.  Thus, Amithlon
can never multitask any better than obsolete, by AOS standards,
Linux.  You've fooled a lot of people into thinking the AOS
kernel controls the multitasking when using Linuxithlon, it
doesn't.   You simply hacked Linux into an unregistered Amiga ROM
image.  Linuxithlon is what you sold them, under the name
Amithlon.
--

-Steve

Post by Brian Do » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 19:25:42

> > Amithlon calculates the value of the host processor's cycle
> > counter at that time and instructs the modified linux kernel
> > to use its high precision timers to send a signal at that moment.

> Then why the heck did you argue with me when I pointed out that
> Linux, not AOS, is what controls Amithlon?

> Linux, and Linux alone controls the multitasking.  Thus, Amithlon
> can never multitask any better than obsolete, by AOS standards,
> Linux.  You've fooled a lot of people into thinking the AOS
> kernel controls the multitasking when using Linuxithlon, it
> doesn't.   You simply hacked Linux into an unregistered Amiga ROM
> image.  Linuxithlon is what you sold them, under the name
> Amithlon.

Complete bullshit from SG, as usual.

Did you /honestly/ expect that a 68k-native kernal was going to be able to
boot on an x86?

Amithlon uses a modified Linux microkernal as the bootstrap for Amithlon.
Once booted, control is handed to the AOS kernal.  It is EXEC that handles
all the multi-tasking.

If you had half a clue as to how computers work, you might understand that.

A Linux microkernal as the bootstrap?  OMG!  The nerve!  The secrecy!  Never
mind the fact that this fact has been publicized since day one!  Steve, you
really ARE a genius!  You uncovered this /amazing/ "secret"!  Give this man
a cookie, everyone!

--
Brian     Team *AMIGA*
Member "I Am Amiga" Fan Club

Meyer finally admits Amithlon runs using Linux kernel

Post by Eldor C. Luedtke Jr » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 21:43:07

Steve tha sad broken record said said said...

> > Amithlon calculates the value of the host processor's cycle
> > counter at that time and instructs the modified linux kernel
> > to use its high precision timers to send a signal at that moment.

> Then why the heck did you argue with me when I pointed out that
> Linux, not AOS, is what controls Amithlon?

> Linux, and Linux alone controls the multitasking.  Thus, Amithlon
> can never multitask any better than obsolete, by AOS standards,
> Linux.  You've fooled a lot of people into thinking the AOS
> kernel controls the multitasking when using Linuxithlon, it
> doesn't.   You simply hacked Linux into an unregistered Amiga ROM
> image.  Linuxithlon is what you sold them, under the name
> Amithlon.
> --

Give it up Stevie, we know better, your  not a coder.

Quote:

Post by SG » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 14:58:44

> >> Amithlon calculates the value of the host processor's cycle
> >> counter at that time and instructs the modified linux kernel
> >> to use its high precision timers to send a signal at that moment.

> > Then why the heck did you argue with me when I pointed out that
> > Linux, not AOS, is what controls Amithlon?

> > Linux, and Linux alone controls the multitasking.  Thus, Amithlon
> > can never multitask any better than obsolete, by AOS standards,
> > Linux.  You've fooled a lot of people into thinking the AOS
> > kernel controls the multitasking when using Linuxithlon, it
> > doesn't.   You simply hacked Linux into an unregistered Amiga ROM
> > image.  Linuxithlon is what you sold them, under the name
> > Amithlon.

>  Makes you wonder why it's called *StormPPC, doesn't it.]

Not really.  The *stormPPC isn't called the AmistormPPC,
because it can run a variety of OSs natively--AOS, Linux68K,
LinuxPPC, MacOS68K, MacOSPPC, BSDs, etc.  "Amithlon" is sold
under the pretents that it turns a pc into an Amiga, but it
doens't.

Amithlon runs under Linux, not AmigaOS.  Linux does all the
multitasking, it takes its best guess at how AmigaOS may have
timeshared the task and tries to act like it, but the
multitasking will never be any better than, obsolete by Amiga
multitasking standards, Linux. Amiga Exec doesn't control the
machine at all. It cant because the sometimes very lengthy JIT
x86 compilation time has to come out of the 68K task's
multitasking timelsice as determined (guessed at) by the Linux
kernel. Exec can't do that because it has no awareness of the
need for x86 compilation time.

This is why when Amiga Inc complained that the Amithlon ROMs were
illegal, the ROM images couldn't simply be removed and replaced
by the user with legal ones.  Amithlon hacks Amiga Exec's control
out of the the AmigaOS ROM content, and replaces Exec's
multitasking control with Linux calls using a custom Linux based
ROM image.  Its Linux, not AmigaOS.
--

-Steve

Post by SG » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 15:21:05

> Steve tha sad broken record said said said...

> > > Amithlon calculates the value of the host processor's cycle
> > > counter at that time and instructs the modified linux kernel
> > > to use its high precision timers to send a signal at that moment.

> > Then why the heck did you argue with me when I pointed out that
> > Linux, not AOS, is what controls Amithlon?

> > Linux, and Linux alone controls the multitasking.  Thus, Amithlon
> > can never multitask any better than obsolete, by AOS standards,
> > Linux.  You've fooled a lot of people into thinking the AOS
> > kernel controls the multitasking when using Linuxithlon, it
> > doesn't.   You simply hacked Linux into an unregistered Amiga ROM
> > image.  Linuxithlon is what you sold them, under the name
> > Amithlon.
> > --

> Give it up Stevie, we know better, your  not a coder.

Meyer has already admitted I'm right on this, he had no choice
but to finally come clean once thrown out on to the carpet.  You
should thank me, you had no idea Amithlon ran under x86 Linux,
not AmigaOS.

This is precisely why, when Amiga Inc complained that Amithlon
represented an illegal use of Amiga's IP, Amithlon couldn't be
made legal by removing its unlicensed ROM images and having the
end user replace them with legal ones.  It doesn't use intact
Amiga ROMs, it can only use specially hacked Amiga ROMs that have
Amiga Exec's control surgically transplanted with an x86 Linux
kernel.  Its sold under the pretense that the end user is getting
an Amiga, but in fact what you are getting is an x86 Linux kernel
that can run the simpler 68K Amiga tasks under Linux control.
--

-Steve

Post by Troy Parke » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 17:14:47

> Meyer has already admitted I'm right on this, he had no choice
> but to finally come clean once thrown out on to the carpet.  You
> should thank me, you had no idea Amithlon ran under x86 Linux,
> not AmigaOS.

What!? Amithlon uses x86 Linux!? You mean the 68k doesn't run on the
x86 CPU and Amithlon doesn't give the x86 CPU the ability to magically
execute 68k code natively, but only emulates them??

Well I'll be...

We should thank you, wow, nothing escapes you does it?

--
Doughnuts are my downfall

Meyer finally admits Amithlon runs using Linux kernel

Post by Brian E. Do » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 17:42:24

On Fri, 05 Jul 2002 06:21:05 GMT, "SG" wrote about

Quote:> Meyer has already admitted I'm right on this, he had no choice
> but to finally come clean once thrown out on to the carpet.  You
> should thank me, you had no idea Amithlon ran under x86 Linux,
> not AmigaOS.

OH!  MY! GOD!!!  You are SO full of yourself, it's hard to imagine how you can
pack all that bullshit in as well!

It has been NO SECRET WHATSOEVER that Amithlon uses a Linux microkernal for
its bootstrap!  How on earth is it even POSSIBLE for Amithlon to run on
AmigaOS???  Doesn't AmigaOS need Amithlon to be up and running in order to
boot?

Quote:> This is precisely why, when Amiga Inc complained that Amithlon
> represented an illegal use of Amiga's IP, Amithlon couldn't be

Are you joking???  Show me a SINGLE LINK, ANYWHERE (other than on your own web
page) that states Amithlon is illegally using Amiga's IP!

Quote:> made legal by removing its unlicensed ROM images and having the
> end user replace them with legal ones.  It doesn't use intact
> Amiga ROMs, it can only use specially hacked Amiga ROMs that have
> Amiga Exec's control surgically transplanted with an x86 Linux
> kernel.  Its sold under the pretense that the end user is getting
> an Amiga, but in fact what you are getting is an x86 Linux kernel
> that can run the simpler 68K Amiga tasks under Linux control.

Anybody who buys Amithlon thinking they're buying a genuine Amiga is just as
big a fool as you are for even posting this rubbish!

--
Brian     Team *AMIGA*        NewsCoaster v1.52
Member "I Am Amiga" Fan Club
http://www.amiga-anywhere.com/shop.php?cat_id=22&prod_id=41

Meyer finally admits Amithlon runs using Linux kernel

Post by Brian E. Do » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 17:48:46

On Fri, 05 Jul 2002 05:58:44 GMT, "SG" wrote about

Quote:> LinuxPPC, MacOS68K, MacOSPPC, BSDs, etc.  "Amithlon" is sold
> under the pretents that it turns a pc into an Amiga, but it
> doens't.

"Emulator," you idiot!  What part of that can you not comprehend???

Quote:> Amithlon runs under Linux, not AmigaOS.  Linux does all the
> multitasking, it takes its best guess at how AmigaOS may have
> timeshared the task and tries to act like it, but the
> multitasking will never be any better than, obsolete by Amiga
> multitasking standards, Linux. Amiga Exec doesn't control the
> machine at all. It cant because the sometimes very lengthy JIT
> x86 compilation time has to come out of the 68K task's
> multitasking timelsice as determined (guessed at) by the Linux
> kernel. Exec can't do that because it has no awareness of the
> need for x86 compilation time.

You really have no clue, do you!  EXEC is ignorant on how an x86 processor
works, so it needs the layer that Amithlon provides.  The Linux microkernal is
just simply there to get the damn thing to boot!

Quote:> This is why when Amiga Inc complained that the Amithlon ROMs were
> illegal, the ROM images couldn't simply be removed and replaced

Didn't you earlier state that Amiga Inc complained that Amithlon was illegal
because it used unlicensed IP?  Even though that statement is ever bit as
incorrect as this latest version you spout, you really need to learn to keep
your stories straight!

Quote:> by the user with legal ones.  Amithlon hacks Amiga Exec's control
> out of the the AmigaOS ROM content, and replaces Exec's
> multitasking control with Linux calls using a custom Linux based
> ROM image.  Its Linux, not AmigaOS.

I know you didn't come up with this insanity on your own...  So, link please?

--
Brian     Team *AMIGA*        NewsCoaster v1.52
Member "I Am Amiga" Fan Club
http://www.amiga-anywhere.com/shop.php?cat_id=22&prod_id=41

Meyer finally admits Amithlon runs using Linux kernel

Post by Eldor C. Luedtke Jr » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 06:26:53

SG ranted:

> > Steve tha sad broken record said said said...

> > > Then why the heck did you argue with me when I pointed out that
> > > Linux, not AOS, is what controls Amithlon?

> > > Linux, and Linux alone controls the multitasking.  Thus, Amithlon
> > > can never multitask any better than obsolete, by AOS standards,
> > > Linux.  You've fooled a lot of people into thinking the AOS
> > > kernel controls the multitasking when using Linuxithlon, it
> > > doesn't.   You simply hacked Linux into an unregistered Amiga ROM
> > > image.  Linuxithlon is what you sold them, under the name
> > > Amithlon.
> > > --

> > Give it up Stevie, we know better, your  not a coder.

> Meyer has already admitted I'm right on this, he had no choice
> but to finally come clean once thrown out on to the carpet.  You
> should thank me, you had no idea Amithlon ran under x86 Linux,
> not AmigaOS.

Thank YOU?, shoot you maybe.

Liar, link please.

Quote:

> This is precisely why, when Amiga Inc complained that Amithlon
> represented an illegal use of Amiga's IP, Amithlon couldn't be
> made legal by removing its unlicensed ROM images and having the
> end user replace them with legal ones.  It doesn't use intact
> Amiga ROMs, it can only use specially hacked Amiga ROMs that have
> Amiga Exec's control surgically transplanted with an x86 Linux
> kernel.  Its sold under the pretense that the end user is getting
> an Amiga, but in fact what you are getting is an x86 Linux kernel
> that can run the simpler 68K Amiga tasks under Linux control.

Hear again you say things with no other purpouse than to cause harm to
some one, you know your lying, we know your lying.  It's a sad thing
to think that YOU have an Amiga.

Quote:> --

Post by David S Lun » Sun, 07 Jul 2002 01:56:05

Quote:

> This is why when Amiga Inc complained that the Amithlon ROMs were

Link?

Quote:> illegal, the ROM images couldn't simply be removed and replaced

Lies. The ROM image is the same....whether H&P properly licenses it or
not. DUH. Like the code is different....sheesh.

Quote:> by the user with legal ones.  Amithlon hacks Amiga Exec's control
> out of the the AmigaOS ROM content, and replaces Exec's
> multitasking control with Linux calls using a custom Linux based
> ROM image.  Its Linux, not AmigaOS.

Not true...if that was the case, why would Bernie have used an Amiga ROM
image at all?

Meyer finally admits Amithlon runs using Linux kernel

Post by Acil » Sun, 07 Jul 2002 01:10:39

I dont understand why people are making such a big deal over all this.
Amithlon is a good idea and it seems to work well. Its an emulator and
nothing more. Its opened a few eyes to the Amiga world and with any luck it
will get more people interested in the AmigaOne when its released.

> On Fri, 05 Jul 2002 06:21:05 GMT, "SG" wrote about

> > Meyer has already admitted I'm right on this, he had no choice
> > but to finally come clean once thrown out on to the carpet.  You
> > should thank me, you had no idea Amithlon ran under x86 Linux,
> > not AmigaOS.

> OH!  MY! GOD!!!  You are SO full of yourself, it's hard to imagine how you
can
> pack all that bullshit in as well!

> It has been NO SECRET WHATSOEVER that Amithlon uses a Linux microkernal
for
> its bootstrap!  How on earth is it even POSSIBLE for Amithlon to run on
> AmigaOS???  Doesn't AmigaOS need Amithlon to be up and running in order to
> boot?

> > This is precisely why, when Amiga Inc complained that Amithlon
> > represented an illegal use of Amiga's IP, Amithlon couldn't be

> Are you joking???  Show me a SINGLE LINK, ANYWHERE (other than on your own
web
> page) that states Amithlon is illegally using Amiga's IP!

> > made legal by removing its unlicensed ROM images and having the
> > end user replace them with legal ones.  It doesn't use intact
> > Amiga ROMs, it can only use specially hacked Amiga ROMs that have
> > Amiga Exec's control surgically transplanted with an x86 Linux
> > kernel.  Its sold under the pretense that the end user is getting
> > an Amiga, but in fact what you are getting is an x86 Linux kernel
> > that can run the simpler 68K Amiga tasks under Linux control.

> Anybody who buys Amithlon thinking they're buying a genuine Amiga is just
as
> big a fool as you are for even posting this rubbish!

> --
> Brian     Team *AMIGA*        NewsCoaster v1.52
> Member "I Am Amiga" Fan Club
> http://www.amiga-anywhere.com/shop.php?cat_id=22&prod_id=41

Meyer finally admits Amithlon runs using Linux kernel

Post by Brian E. Do » Sun, 07 Jul 2002 01:49:59

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002 09:10:39 -0700, "Acill" wrote about

Quote:> I dont understand why people are making such a big deal over all this.
> Amithlon is a good idea and it seems to work well. Its an emulator and
> nothing more. Its opened a few eyes to the Amiga world and with any luck it
> will get more people interested in the AmigaOne when its released.

Oh, we're all pretty much on the same page regarding Amithlon (and UAE-JIT in
general).  It's Steve (SG) who is way out in deep left field with all this.
The way I see it, if Steve wants to go around saying that UAE-JIT/Amithlon is
a big POS and that his CSPPC board is better -- well, that's his opinion,
which he has a right to, and we'll laugh behind his back.  But he hasn't been
content with that, resorting instead to downright libel and character
defamation to try to get his point across.

Anyways, he's the village idiot here.  He's made no sign of going anywhere the
past several years, so we've just learned to put up with his foolishness.

--

Post by SG » Sun, 07 Jul 2002 01:45:07

> > Meyer has already admitted I'm right on this, he had no choice
> > but to finally come clean once thrown out on to the carpet.  You
> > should thank me, you had no idea Amithlon ran under x86 Linux,
> > not AmigaOS.

> What!? Amithlon uses x86 Linux!?

Exclusively.

Its simply a Linux pc using UAE interpretive's 68K emulation to
run some of the simpler Amiga apps under Linux.

Of course, thats all past tense, as Amithlon use has been chopped
off at the knees by Meyer, in an attempt to save himself.

Has he offered you your money back for the program cost, and the
pc you bought to run it?
--

-Steve

Post by SG » Sun, 07 Jul 2002 02:04:55

> SG ranted:

> > > Steve tha sad broken record said said said...

> > > Give it up Stevie, we know better, your  not a coder.

> > Meyer has already admitted I'm right on this, he had no choice
> > but to finally come clean once thrown out on to the carpet.  You
> > should thank me, you had no idea Amithlon ran under x86 Linux,
> > not AmigaOS.

> Thank YOU?, shoot you maybe.

Done ad nauseum.

You sound quite angry ad frustrated now that you are discovering
the truth about what you paid good money for.

Quote:

> > This is precisely why, when Amiga Inc complained that Amithlon
> > represented an illegal use of Amiga's IP, Amithlon couldn't be
> > made legal by removing its unlicensed ROM images and having the
> > end user replace them with legal ones.  It doesn't use intact
> > Amiga ROMs, it can only use specially hacked Amiga ROMs that have
> > Amiga Exec's control surgically transplanted with an x86 Linux
> > kernel.  Its sold under the pretense that the end user is getting
> > an Amiga, but in fact what you are getting is an x86 Linux kernel
> > that can run the simpler 68K Amiga tasks under Linux control.

> Hear again you say things with no other purpouse than to cause harm to
> some one, you know your lying, we know your lying.  It's a sad thing
> to think that YOU have an Amiga.

Agaai, I'm simply restating Meyer's version of events.  That
what his response, not mine, when asked why their copy of
Amithlon was killed by him instead of allowing end users to
supply a legal ROM image themselves.
--

-Steve

Meyer finally admits Amithlon runs using Linux kernel

Post by Brian E. Do » Sun, 07 Jul 2002 02:56:37

On Fri, 05 Jul 2002 16:45:07 GMT, "SG" wrote about

Quote:> Its simply a Linux pc using UAE interpretive's 68K emulation to
> run some of the simpler Amiga apps under Linux.

Bullshit.

Quote:> Of course, thats all past tense, as Amithlon use has been chopped
> off at the knees by Meyer, in an attempt to save himself.

Bullshit.

Quote:> Has he offered you your money back for the program cost, and the
> pc you bought to run it?

Proof that * aren't the answer.

--
Brian     Team *AMIGA*        NewsCoaster v1.52
Member "I Am Amiga" Fan Club
http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. Meyer admits to piracy...

Given a contract that requires you to exclusively defend your
own contributions, and given your remorseless default on that
requirement, absolutely.  Afterall, you contracted me
(hypothetically me) for that specific purpose, with a previous
meeting of the minds on that specific contingency.

Why?  I don't mind giving you a little legal advise, God knows
you need it.  Because you tried to financially damage your
distributor instead of performing as your contract required for a
very specific contingency that infact arose, all to save own
financial hide presumably at your contracted distributor's
expense.

And guess what, my assessment as your hypothetic distributor is
that you have no recourse.  Why? (here comes the legal advice
part)  Because a fundamental requirement of the law is that to
seek protection from the law, you must appear before the court
with clean hands.  You don't have clean hands.  You knew you
developed you output by way of an illegal process, it would've
been clear legal suidice to let your virtual Amiga stand on its
own for sale.  Your defense, that you believe your partner may
have done the same is a legal loser.  Its not a clean hands
defense, it can't be heard.

Otherwise...

"Your Honor.  Listen to dis.  Rocko and me, you see we had a
verbal contract.  He said we'd split everything we got from dat
sorry dead broad right down the middle, just like we left her.
Instead of payin' me like he said he'd do, he took a shot at
me. (now looking at the jury) Do you's believe dat?"

And I understand how you got legally rolled by H&P.

2. WARP FAQ - where?

3. Bernie Meyer and Amithlon

4. AASV configuration on Unix

5. Meyer's Amithlon has a right to a fair trial.

6. wheel chair motors

7. Meyer's Linux obsession

8. Foundation

9. Mr. Meyer....Really running UAE

10. Marc admits he has never used an A4000 (was Re: Needs of future 4000's)

11. Bill Gates admits to using Amiga at home!

12. I see a perfect machine to run Amithlon on

13. No Linux kernel for AmigaOS