GVPSCSIctrl switches

Post by Graham Parkins » Thu, 19 Mar 1992 17:04:47

Quote:> Mark Davis writes:

> I am having a problem installing a tape drive into an A2000 with a GVP
> HC8/II SCSI host adapter.  I am hoping that the utility GVPSCSIctrl
> will allow me to send a reset to specific devices on the SCSI bus but
> have been unable to cipher the switches.  Does anyone have a listing or
> docs on using this utility?

  The trouble that not bothering to include docs with this utility has
caused!

   of course running GVPSCSICtrl ? shows this:
   Usage: gvpscsictrl [ -m | -r | -s | <unit> <ctrl> ]

   all that I know is that -r is useful for getting the Controller
   to reset ( reselect ? ) devices such as tapes on the bus.

   Ctrl is a string ie "dcoff" that controls reselection on some
   poorly behaved devices.  Something to do with disc change off???
*  Graham Parkinson - Frontier GeoSciences, Vancouver BC CANADA  *

1. GVPSCSIctrl switches

I am having a problem installing a tape drive into an A2000 with a GVP
HC8/II SCSI host adapter.  I am hoping that the utility GVPSCSIctrl
will allow me to send a reset to specific devices on the SCSI bus but
have been unable to cipher the switches.  Does anyone have a listing or
docs on using this utility?

mark

2. Twisting USWest's arm...

3. FS: BMON switch (BVision/Scan Doubler Switch)

4. Catching a download from a web browser...

5. GVPSCSICTRL needed for SupraTurbo28 installation.

6. >>> How to filter the advocacy postings <<<

7. Commands for gvpscsictrl?

8. Finally

9. GVPscsiCtrl

10. GVPScsiCtrl program WANTED!